DIY Wedding Forum
Options

Printing on Glitter paper

Has anyone tried this with an inkjet? FTR, the glitter is fine and does not make the paper very thick or textured (thickness is similar to photopaper). The glitter does not come off unless I intentionally scratch it off. I'm trying to print a small monogram (maybe 1"x1.25") for my bellybands.

imageimage

Re: Printing on Glitter paper

• Options
    I wouldn't print on glitter paper.  The glitter will come off and could potentially damage your printer.

Why not make the belly band out of the glitter paper and then on a coordinating non-textured paper print out the monogram and glue/tape that onto the belly band?

• Options
    Maggie0829 I just didn't like the idea of a sticker. I think it would look 10000x better with it printed directly on the paper.

Another thought: is there a printing company that could do this for me, like Kinkos?

imageimage

• Options
    The thing is that glitter paper will muck up a printer.  I doubt that Kinko's would do it either because they wouldn't want to ruin their expensive machinery.

The only way that this could be done is if you buy faux glitter paper.  Meaning the paper looks like it is glittery but no real glitter is used to make it.

• Options
    I'm with Maggie, that paper is not meant to be printed on. Even if you can manage to get it through your printer, it'll probably look like crap because the ink doesn't have a smooth surface to adhere to. 

Have you ever tried embossing? You use a rubber stamp of your initial with a clear embossing ink. Then sprinkle the embossing powder onto the stamped ink while it's still wet, tap the excess off and then set the design with a heat gun. The powder melts and hardens into a smooth, shiny surface. It's a little investment at first to buy the supplies, but the end result is really nice.

• Options
    lolo883 I will look into that! Thank you! I'm also now looking into gold foil I can print onto, though I love me some sparkles. 

imageimage

• Options
    Maybe get a rubber stamp with your monogram. You can find standard ones fairly decent price. Or it really isn't that much to get one custom made with your own design. You should be able to stamp onto the glitter paper. Although it may take longer to dry than regular paper... I use rubber stamps on shimmer paper and had to let it set overnight to dry.

• Options
    Check at your craft store in the scrapbooking section, you may be able to find some faux glitter paper.
  • Options
    I printed on some vellum paper that I cut in strips thinner than my gold sparkle paper.... I think it came out pretty well! (Actual invite is the sample, so I didn't feel the need to white out names)

imageimage

• Options
    Ooh I like that!

• Options
    I printed on some vellum paper that I cut in strips thinner than my gold sparkle paper.... I think it came out pretty well! (Actual invite is the sample, so I didn't feel the need to white out names)
    That looks beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards