Chit Chat

salmon

I bought fresh salmon on Monday night, we were supposed to cook it tonight (tuesday) but we did not.  Is it ok for tomorrow or should I freeze it, or just cook it now and microwave it tomorrow?  Thanks! 

Re: salmon

• Does it pass the smell test?  It should be okay if you use cook it tomorrow.

But if you are in doubt cook it or freeze it today.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • If it hasn't been frozen before, freeze it today.  If it was previously frozen, I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be re-frozen a second time (although that rule could only apply to chicken, I'm not sure).  I will say I've left salmon thawing in the refrigerator for two days without an issue, I just use the smell test like lynda suggested.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I agree Smell & Colour Test. If it smells odd or is slightly off colour, best not to eat it, otherwise it should be good to go. 3 days is nothing really.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards