Not Engaged Yet

*Spoiler Alert* PLL Discussion

2»

Re: *Spoiler Alert* PLL Discussion

• Erm... I just realized that Ravenswood is a spinoff of PLL and stars Caleb... so perhaps watching the only season of that show would explain more why Caleb ran off? 

Has anyone watched it?  Is it worth it? 
  • BreMR said:
    Erm... I just realized that Ravenswood is a spinoff of PLL and stars Caleb... so perhaps watching the only season of that show would explain more why Caleb ran off? 

Has anyone watched it?  Is it worth it? 
    I havn't - but all of my friends IRL who love PLL that did watch Ravenswood said it was not exactly good. I had no interest in it, even though it was a spinoff - and I LOVE Caleb. 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I watched Ravenswood - it was not very good.  The show just ended without any explanation really of what happened; the only closure we got was the in the episode of PLL where they explained getting rid of the jars.

Anniversary
  • I watched Ravenswood - it was not very good.  The show just ended without any explanation really of what happened; the only closure we got was the in the episode of PLL where they explained getting rid of the jars.
    Dumb. I didn't even get it.  I'll probably watch Ravenswood if it comes to Netflix though.. :-/
  • I watched it. It had nothing to do with pll, so if you watch it thinking that it wasn't horrible. But because it had nothing to do with pll when they did make the shows cross paths, it didn't make sense.
  • I watched a few episodes of Ravenswood and did not like it at all. 

• I started reading the first book, and it is SO BAD. I didn't think I would ever find anything that was as badly written as 50 Shades, but this is up there. Soooooooooooo cheesy. I mean, it IS young adult fiction, so that's clearly the demographic they're aiming for, but hooooollllyyyyyyy hell is it bad.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin - It is BAD, but I cannot believe how none of the liars on the TV series match the descriptions given in the book.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - I KNOW!!! I can't believe how different they are. Spencer with blonde hair?? That would be so weird. 

*******************************************************************************************

• That was my reaction too! And Emily with red hair!? I must have originally read these not sober, because I'm getting irritated by the poor writing as well, and wasn't irritated the first time. 
  • The good news is that I can totally hear their voices in my head when I'm reading the dialog. Especially Aria. 

• The books do suck, but I have to admit I'm sucked in already :)  I finished the first book over the weekend :-/  I am pretty sure the entire first book is the very first episode of season one... that seems like a stretched out first book, no? 

The descriptions sucked, and why does Emily have a million siblings in the book and an only child in the show? 

lame.
  • BreMR said:
    The books do suck, but I have to admit I'm sucked in already :)  I finished the first book over the weekend :-/  I am pretty sure the entire first book is the very first episode of season one... that seems like a stretched out first book, no? 

The descriptions sucked, and why does Emily have a million siblings in the book and an only child in the show? 

lame.
    I feel the same way, @BreMR!! I'm totally sucked in, but I find myself snorting over some of the things. I get it, they're rich, and shop at Tiffany, and drive Mercedes. Eyeroll. The name dropping KILLS me. It's SOOOOO teeny bopper. 

But that's not going to keep me from reading the rest of the book. 

I feel like a total hypocrite because of how much I bashed 50 Shades because of the shitty writing, but am okay with this. Maybe because I know that these books are MEANT for teenagers, while 50 Shades is aimed at adults? Whatever. haha

• I'm so anxious to start reading!!!  I'm still forcing myself through the book @hummingbird125 told me to read because she said it took her a little while to get into it. I'm hoping that point comes soon because I don't like quitting books. 

• BreMR said:
    The books do suck, but I have to admit I'm sucked in already :)  I finished the first book over the weekend :-/  I am pretty sure the entire first book is the very first episode of season one... that seems like a stretched out first book, no? 

lame.
    I feel the same way, @BreMR!! I'm totally sucked in, but I find myself snorting over some of the things. I get it, they're rich, and shop at Tiffany, and drive Mercedes. Eyeroll. The name dropping KILLS me. It's SOOOOO teeny bopper. 

I feel like a total hypocrite because of how much I bashed 50 Shades because of the shitty writing, but am okay with this. Maybe because I know that these books are MEANT for teenagers, while 50 Shades is aimed at adults? Whatever. haha
    I feel like I hated 50 shades mostly because of how effin' pathetic Ana is and how we were all supposed to ignore what a psychopath Christian was... "oh don't look here, he's just being a controlling non-boyfriend, nothing to see, focus on how how he is instead"
  • BreMR said:
    BreMR said:

lame.

I feel like I hated 50 shades mostly because of how effin' pathetic Ana is and how we were all supposed to ignore what a psychopath Christian was... "oh don't look here, he's just being a controlling non-boyfriend, nothing to see, focus on how how he is instead"
    Thank you! Both of their characters were the perfect example of an unhealthy relationship, but we were supposed to ignore that and just see "oooo sexy time"
  • I finished the first book of PLL and agree, it feels like the first episode all tied up into one book. 

Anniversary
  • BreMR said:
    BreMR said:

lame.

Thank you! Both of their characters were the perfect example of an unhealthy relationship, but we were supposed to ignore that and just see "oooo sexy time"
    100% agree with both of you. 

• Should we have a bookclub update?
  • I haven't read again recently - I'll try to read more tonight!! :)

• I finished book 1 but have not started book 2

Anniversary
  • I haven't started any of the books! I'm such a slacker :(

• I can't find my kindle....how irresponsible am I?!?
  • Hahaha we are the best book club ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards