Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids drama.. help!

One of my friends freaked out when I didn't ask her to be my maid of honor and even told me to go f%#& myself. Now she's sucking up and acting all buddy-buddy so I'll ask her to be a bridesmaid, and I really don't want to ask her. Especially after she flipped out on me. However, I know if I don't ask her, it'll be so much drama and she might even terminate our friendship. What do I do?

Re: Bridesmaids drama.. help!

• Options
    mgephar said:
    One of my friends freaked out when I didn't ask her to be my maid of honor and even told me to go f%#& myself. Now she's sucking up and acting all buddy-buddy so I'll ask her to be a bridesmaid, and I really don't want to ask her. Especially after she flipped out on me. However, I know if I don't ask her, it'll be so much drama and she might even terminate our friendship. What do I do?

Seems like a no-brainer. Don't ask her.
  • Options
    Don't ask her.  She behaved like a jerk to you.  Do you really want someone who acts so babyish as a bridesmaid...or a friend?
  • Options
    I wouldn't ask her, either. But I'm curious how se found out she wasn't MOH if she isn't even a bridesmaid. Is this something people announce?
  • Options
    I asked my sister to be my MOH. I haven't asked any other girls to be bridesmaids yet.
  • Options
    Don't ask her. If that terminates the friendship, then it wasn't a very good friendship to begin with.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Why is this even a question?  She told you to 'fuck off.'  Pretty obvious that you shouldn't ask her to be a BM.

• Options
    mgephar said:
    I asked my sister to be my MOH. I haven't asked any other girls to be bridesmaids yet.
    I agree with all PPs that clearly she has a terrible attitude and I don't foresee that changing once you ask her. I find it even more unreasonable that she was so upset you chose your sister over her. I know everyone has different relationships with their siblings, but in my mind sisters trump all friendships.

Anniversary
  • Options
    No way would I ask her. I kind of got myself into a somewhat similar situation, except that I found out right after I asked my friend to be my MOH that she had been saying some pretty unkind things about me, since she thought I wasn't going to ask her. After asking her (and her accepting) she told me all the awful things she had been saying about me and even told me that she was going to cut me out of her life entirely, but since I'm a wedding planner/coordinator, she didn't want to burn any bridges since she knows that I would plan her wedding for free. All of this was said while she laughed, like it was the funniest thing in the world--but I was left feeling incredibly hurt and blindsided. Had I known beforehand all the things she was saying, I wouldn't have asked her and I would encourage you to avoid asking anyone who would cuss at you/go off on you and then turn around and kiss your ass just to secure a spot in your bridal party. It's not worth it and you deserve better than that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for the advice, ladies! I ended up asking her to get coffee with me and explained to her why I wouldn't be including her in the bridal party and that I hoped to include her in a different way. It was a pretty brutal conversation; she cried a lot and begged me to reconsider, but I stood firm and was nice about it. I think I handled it well. Thank you again!
  • Options
    Ugh...while I agree she shouldn't have been asked to be a bridesmaid - you also didn't need to sit her down and rub it in her face. You ask people to be in your wedding party - you don't announce to them if they aren't. :/
  • Options
    Well that was unnecessarily mean. I hope you're proud of yourself.
  • Options
    mgephar said:
    Thank you for the advice, ladies! I ended up asking her to get coffee with me and explained to her why I wouldn't be including her in the bridal party and that I hoped to include her in a different way. It was a pretty brutal conversation; she cried a lot and begged me to reconsider, but I stood firm and was nice about it. I think I handled it well. Thank you again!
    I think you didn't.  Why couldn't you just leave well enough alone?
  • Options
    I was almost on your side.

Your move to sit her down and tell her why she didn't make the cut was just as bitchy as she was.
  • Options
    mgephar said:
    This was probably not the best move.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards