Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday Chat

Morning all! How's everyone today?

I am home sick today :( I blame FI's nephew; he's good at sharing his germs! But I can nap and take care of some laundry that's piled up, and I need to follow up with a few wedding vendors so I might actually be somewhat productive. 

On the plus side, our STDs were delivered yesterday! They turned out so well, I'm really happy! FI wanted to get envelop liners, which are nice and everything, buuuut we have to stick them into all of the envelopes. I started that last night and got about 1/5 of them done in an hour, so we should be able to get those all done pretty quickly. 

And FI is making the argument that I should have to buy all of the ice cream from now on: CLICK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday Chat

• Options
    @lmcooper86 -Yay for your STDS being delivered. I want to win the lottery while buying ice cream lol.

Tonight H has softball so I think Maddux and I are going to go for a walk around the park. He needs to learn to walk better with us and not try to drag us down the sidewalk. He just gets so excited to go on walks now that he wants to explore all the things around him. I also need to go to Petsmart to get him a new collar since he has outgrown the one we put on him as a pup. 

I'm marinating chicken right now in honey mustard...usually I stick it in the crockpot but the last time I did that, it came out kind of tough so I'm going to grill it tonight and hopefully there will be a lot more flavor and tenderness. 
  • Options
    I am super sad today.  my new company won't let me revoke the insurance-that's-not-insurance (even though it's still the first 31 days).  so, I can't get sick until January.  that will be hard to do!  I'm just sad because things have really gone downhill in the past year or so with insurance policies.  they are being slashed everywhere.  I'm sad because they lied to me about how great the benefits were and presented it in a way that is deceiving.  I'm sad because I always get sick every winter, and now I have to go figure out if anywhere will work me a deal for paying cash.  I'm really sad because I left my old job with great benefits because this one made false promises. 

I'm having some serious job regret, even with the pay raise.  I don't know if it was worth it.

they are offering $7500 bonus if we refer someone to the company/contract and they get hired.  I don't know what else to say, except if they have to offer a $7500 incentive to get people hired on, then something is wrong. 

anyway.

today after work, I have to take Bax to get his toenails trim.  I want to do a short walk/jog before dinner, and then JM YM after dinner.  I need to study.  I have a ton on my To Do list.

the house is being cleaned today.  that will be nice.  I have dinner in the crockpot so the only thing I have to cook is some brown rice.  I'm excited about that.
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - Sorry you're sick but try to enjoy your day at home at least!

I'm back at work after an unexpected 3 day weekend and it sucks. My boss's daughter (who I used to babysit) got a bad concussion over the weekend and isn't doing well. She's been vomiting, lethargic, and has lots of bad headaches. She's with her mom today and going back to the doctor, but obviously he's very worried about her and it's just stressing him (and thus, me) out a lot.

I put a pork butt, some spices, and liquid smoke in the crockpot this morning for some BBQ pulled pork tonight and I cannot wait to eat it! I found my favorite BBQ sauce ever (Stubb's Hickory Bourbon), so I know it's going to be fantastic. 

Tonight I'll be watching Big Brother and making FI try on outfits for me so that I can decide what he's wearing for e-pics  ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 - how did she get a concussion??  that's so scary.
  • Options

@lmcooper86 yay for STD's

I'm tired this morning and I'm blaming it on the weather.  I just want to go home and read.  I started reading the Maze Runner last night. 

So I'm a bit conflicted, I said in the fall I was starting up dance classes again, I found a theater dance class I wanted to take on Wednesday nights from 7:30-9.  I missed the first class last week,and for whatever reason I feel completely unmotivated to go this week. I just want to stay home and relax.  This will probably be my last chance to do any dance classes.  I really want to take this class but I hate that I am feeling so lazy at the moment.  That is my conflicting moment of the week.  I guess I have until tomorrow to decide and get motivated.

Anniversary

• Options

@Swazzle - Yeah for home inspection!!  Hope everything goes well.

@CocoBellaF - Hugs.  WTF is up with that insurance?  I'm sorry.

@lmcooper86 - Congrats on the STD getting out!

---------------------------------------

I'm sick today.  I've actually been sick for a few days.  My celiac is really acting up and I have no clue why (I'm eating the same things).  It isn't fun AT ALL.  Going to be super busy at work today and I cannot wait for Friday already (our move day).  Goal is to get through the week and then no more two hour commute!  :)

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - Aww feel better! But yay for STDs! Did/can you AW them here?

@southernpeach89 - Lucy isn't a great walker either and the last couple of days she's been such a bad listener while outside! She must just be having an off-week but it's driving me nuts. 

@CocoBellaF - Sorry about the insurance stuff. January isn't that far away at least! It could be worse, like if it was March and you had to wait until January. That would REALLY suck.

@hummingbird125 - That's scary about your boss's daughter. I hope she's ok. Did she go to the hospital after the concussion? 

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - How are you liking the Maze Runner? I have it on my to-read list but I've been really slacking with reading lately! 

@minskat30 - Thank you! Yay for move day!!!! SO SOON!

• Options
    @cocobellaF @Swazzle - She got it playing soccer, but I'm not exactly sure how. I know she went to her doctor right after it happened, and then went to the ER on Sunday morning for a CAT scan (her brain looked fine), but she's still not doing well, so she's going back to the doctor today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @swazzle I hope everything goes smoothly at the inspection!

@cocobellaf I'd be so stressed out about that work situation too! I hope the pay increase does turn out to be worth it!

Today is going by slowly for me but I'm leaving at 1! I have to go food shopping, maybe take a nap, make dinner and then me and FI are going to a concert tonight. I'd like to fit in a nap because I'm an old lady and can't stay up late- I'm even going in to work late tomorrow because I know I'll be out later than 9pm. This isn't even going to be a wild night, I just can't function without the proper amount of sleep!

I'm really said about my mom's cat. She got into a vicious fight and got some huge gashes that she needed surgery for. I'm going to check in with my mom to see how kitty is doing today! 

My aunt recommended a florist to me so we met with her yesterday. I really like her and I'm 99% sure I'm going to book her. I'm not doing floral centerpieces. She quoted me $500-$600 for my bouquet,1 MOH, 1 BM, groom bout, 1 BM bout, 2 GM, 2 dads, and 4 corsages, possible dried lavender to go with centerpieces and possible simple floral crown. Can any brides tell me if they think this is good?

• Options
    @Swazzle I just began it last night, not even 10% of the way through but it's intersting enough to keep reading so far!

Anniversary

• Options
    @minskat30 What happened with the flooring, or did I miss an update on that somewhere?

Anniversary

• Options
    I tried to read The Maze Runner, but couldn't get past the way some of the boys talk. I wanted to knock them all upside the head and scream "USE NORMAL WORDS DAMMIT!"
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - Forgot to update on that!  The next guy (after no-show dude) who gave us a quote was pricey as all get out but at least he had time to get the floors done over the weekend.  We paid out the nose for it but we don't care at this point and just want to move in.  Peace of mind is worth the money IMO. 
  • Options
    @Minskat30 it sucks you had to pay so much but at least it's done and you can move in this week yay!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - feel better!!

@hummingbird125 - heh, pork butt. I also have to figure out what FI is wearing this weekend. 

@swazzle - Your Eagles helped me STOMP my opponent in Fantasty this week, so, YAY! Also, I'm super pumped for your inspection, and I hope that we can find a house soon too so that we can decorate together :) 

@cocobellaF - sorry to hear about the insurance stuff :( It'll all work out!! Keep your head up! 

@minskat30 - you feel better too!!

My Tuesday is boring. I'll probably spend most of it either looking for outfits for FI for our e-pics, or looking for house decorations for a house we don't have yet. I don't feel like working.

I just got confirmation from our photog that we're starting pics at 430 on Sunday. I'm so excited. We're going back to our alma mater to take pictures on campus - it's an absolutely GORGEOUS campus, and there's lots of variety and cool spots to take pictures, so I'm excited. I'm hoping there will be some leaves turned so that we can take advantage of the area!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

@Swazzle Yay! I'm glad you got your home inspection scheduled! I hope everything goes well!

@CocoBellaF Insurance just sucks. Like Swazzle said, at least you only need to wait til January...I'm sorry the job benefits weren't all they were presented to be.

@lmcooper86 YAY STDs!!!!

Today I'm working from home and I'm hoping to accomplish some non-work things. I need to mail our FG's/FI's niece's birthday gift (she turns 6 on Sunday!). I need to buy a second air mattress since ALL THE FAMILY will basically be staying at our house for the wedding. I also need to look for one of those folding suitcases or whatever that you can lay out flat and zip a suit into without having to fold up your suit first. FI and I are going to Seattle on Friday (yay!) for a friend's wedding. I'm super excited for it!! I also want to hit up Home Goods and see if I can find some cheap black lanterns to hang from my front porch for Halloween/fall.

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - ice cream and 50 million? Yes please. Have you guys thought about a harness for Maddux? My ex got one for his lab, the lease clipped at the front and would basically turn her back around when she tried to pull. Might be something to look into if he keeps pulling?

@CocoBellaF - I'm so sorry that all of this insurance crap just keeps going. I hope you can get a solution figured out :(

@Hummingbird125 - Thanks, I've made my delicious "sick" drink and am hopeful that it will start making me feel better! I hope your boss' daughter is okay, that's scary.

@Swazzle - YAY inspection! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :) Added a picture of our STDs below

@minskat30 - That's so frustrating, especially not knowing what's causing it :( But yay for moving soon! I hope everything goes well!

@lavenderfields13 - I hope your mom's cat is okay!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Imcooper86 - Hope you're feeling better soon and are able to have somewhat of a productive day.  I bet those ice cream calories didn't count!!  Why doesn't anything like that ever happen to me??  :o)

@CocoBellaF - Sorry the company isn't all it promised to be.  As far as getting sick, you can always use like a minute-clinic or some other drug-store walk-in-clinic.  They are hit and miss on how good they are, but at least they might be able to help at a lower cost.

@Peaseblossom55 - Get off your bum and go to class!!  You'll have more regret if you go and just aren't feeling it than if you stay home.

@lavenderfields13 - Sorry about your mom's cat.  Yay for your potential florist!!

Tonight I have to take Loki to the vet.  He still has his skin infection, so we'll get another round of meds for him (poor little guy).  I'll have to leave work early to make it there.

FI bugged me to email my mom again about going her and just tell her that we included her in the numbers so they can change their mind last minute.  Of course she emailed me back and it put me in a bad mood - basically said 'I don't travel and I cannot leave my cats'.  Great to know that if she had to save me or her cats the cats would win.  I let FI know I just need to break it off with my parents even if it's just for a few months.

It's a gloomy day, I just don't feel like being at work.  I didn't want to get up this morning.  I'm tired of my asshole cat meowing at the top of his lungs all night and keeping me up.  I'm just tired and burnt out.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @dignity100 thanks for the motivation!! :-) When I posted actually I looked at the class schedule and the class is later than I thought which actually motivates me more, it means I can get in a small dinner before class and not head down to the studio during rush hour so I hope it works out.

Anniversary

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin - All I want to do is look at furniture and decorating ideas. I recently found something on buzzfeed with some cool ideas for DIY upgrades for ikea furniture, I'm probably going to try one of them on my cheapo coffee table later this month.

@Dignity100 - Agreed, I think 50 million cancels out a bit of ice cream any day! I'm sorry to hear that your mom is still upsetting up, that's just so unfortunate that she won't come :(

@Swazzle - Apparently I didn't add the picture…and couldn't add it when I tried to edit. Weird. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Morning! I'm on my way to work currently. Only today and tomorrow until I am on vacation! One week today is the wedding. Holy wow.

I'm silently judging the people on the bus that feel their bag simply must have a seat. Bags don't need a seat damnit. I get transit internal rage a lot.

Also I read this thread when I woke up and kept giggling at the STDs. Happens every time.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE SAVE THE DATES. They're one of my favorites on  Minted. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    thanks, everyone.  @Dignity100 - I'm checking out price lists for those CVS clinics.  they are $79-99 for a minor illness visit plus whatever prescriptions are with no copay.  I had a private BCBS plan picked out, so I'm just going to transfer the difference in that premium and the premium I'm paying for no insurance (LOL) to savings, so if I need to go it'll already be in savings.

@Dignity100 - I'm so sorry about your parents.  that's just awful.  :(

I'm trying to get out of my bad attitude about this job switch.  it happened, can't change it, just need to deal with it, right???

I loooooove Minted!
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 I LOVE THE STDs! Those are so cute!

@kaitlynmichelle ONE WEEK! Ahhh time is flying!

@peaseblossom55 A lot of times when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to work out, I always tell myself that you always regret NOT working out but you never regret working out. Same goes for your dance class! You will totally regret not going, but it's highly unlikely you'll regret going. 

@minskat30 I'm so glad the floors are done now and you can move in on schedule! I agree that the money is worth the peace of mind. You guys were going crazy living with parents, and now you'll have your own space again and your commute will improve. Yay!

@LaPeanut1018 I love Seattle! You guys are going to have so much fun!

@hummingbird125 Oh wow, that's terrible about your boss's daughter! I really hope she gets better soon. Concussions can be so weird--some seem severe but clear up in a few days, and some take months to go away. I really hope she improves ASAP.

@lavenderfields13 I haven't gotten a quote directly yet, but people I know who have gotten married in my area and the research I've done online makes me think you're getting a really good deal on your flowers. From what I understand, most bridal bouquets are $200+, and most BM bouquets are like $100ish. I think you're getting a decent deal there, but don't quote me on that. You may want to get a quote from someone else just to be sure.

@CocoBellaF I am so sorry about all the insurance stress. I can't believe they basically lied to you about the benefits. :( As a government worker, I'm not sure how Obamacare affects your insurance at work, but I know that we've been told at my company (which is a tiny 30-person non-profit) that our once stellar insurance will be slowly getting worse and worse. I'm really not looking forward to the inevitable drops in coverage. Maybe the terrible benefits are a result of that for you too?

Today is a bang-my-head-on-my-desk kind of day. The job I'm covering for is crazy today, and it looks like the person I'm covering for is quite honestly a lazy, good-for-nothing moron. She's too lazy or incompetent to read the step-by-step instructions with screen shots to figure anything out herself, so she just did stuff incorrectly. This is a customer service-based job, so I mean... you do something incorrectly, you piss off paying customers... yeah. Tons of fun. 

I'm also really frustrated with my step-father and potentially my mother. They just don't understand the value of a dollar... they're still recovering from a huge financial crisis last year, but my step-dad apparently retained his timeshare in Hawaii during all of this. He emailed me today asking if FI and I wanted to go next summer with them, and he also wanted to know when my showers would be so he could plan around it. Dude, the flights alone (and I'm talking base line, terrible flights that are 11 hours with multiple layovers) are $1100 per person round trip. He normally stays out there for about 10 days or so, so the cost of the flights, the timeshare, the food, and activities for him, my mom, my brother, and my sister is probably around $20k. Like, REALLY?! Is that the best financial decision? *sigh* Not my life, but holy moly. I texted my mom and suggested they make it a romantic trip and leave all of us kids behind. It would be much cheaper, and they need to reconnect anyway. 

I also haven't been sleeping well the past two nights. I toss and turn all night, never seem to get into REM cycle, and maybe manage about 3 hours of sleep in total. Last night I finally fell asleep around 1 am and work up at 4am thinking someone was in the bedroom. It sounded like someone was walking around, so I was paranoid as hell and couldn't fall asleep until around 5:15. Tonight I'll probably take some Nyquil and pass out early. I was planning on going to a happy hour one of the chief officers at my company is throwing for her 50th birthday (she also said she was paying for everyone's first drink), but it starts an hour after I usually leave work, and I'm soooo tired. I know I should go and socialize and hob knob and all that, but I have zero energy today.

I have a delayed case of the Mondays if you can't tell. 

• Options
    @bethsmiles - RINGGGG!!!! YAAAYY!!!

• Options
    @lmcooper86 Buy all of the ice cream! I hope you feel better! I love those save the dates. 

@cocobellaf I hope that things turn around for you!

@hummingbird125 I hope your boss's daughter recovers quickly. That pulled pork sounds so good!

@bethsmiles Yay for possibly getting engaged soon! That's exciting!

Allergies have been terrible for me the last couple of days, but I am determined to make it to the gym and go to the virtual biking class. I've been bad about making it to the gym. 

Besides that, I have more resumes to send and job applications to fill out, so I'm probably going to get myself a coffee and then get to work. 
  • Options
    @bethsmiles yay rings!!! How exciting!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards