Massachusetts-Boston
Options

State Room brides?

Hello,

I'm planning Sept 2015 wedding and really love SR.  We met with Diane back in April but still haven't decided to pull the trigger yet.  Most of the board discussions about SR are a few years old.  Wondering if anyone got married there recently or attended a wedding there and can give me feedback.  If I'm spending 50k on a wedding there then I want top notch service and a lot of attention to my needs.  I'm worried that once they get their deposit and we sign then everything will go down hill from there.  Diane tried to strong arm us  into signing a contract ASAP back in April.  I know she's a sales person, but it just didn't sit well with me.  Any thoughts from recent SR brides would be helpful.  TIA. 

Re: State Room brides?

• Options
    I am also looking at the State Room and had similar concerns. A woman who works at my company is having her wedding there but she said she really hadn't had much interaction with the planner yet. An acquaintance who had her reception there a few years ago said that everything day of was outstanding, but leading up not so much. If we end up going forward with SR, I am going to ask if I can meet the planner that would be working with us before committing.
  • Options
    I am so torn because I absolutely LOVE the venue. With that being side, my FI was not as sold as I was.  He pointed out minor mainenance ssues in the Great Room (ceiling tear, paint chips) which turned him off because thought it lacked attention to detail.  I am not a high maintenance person/bride by any means, but prompt communicaion is very impotant to me.  I just did not get a great feeling from Diane.  Good idea to ask about meeting the planner ahead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards