Flowers

I want to keep my centerpieces, is that ok?

I am a DIY bride for our wedding.  I have been slowly collecting vintage birdcages for my centerpieces.  I would like to keep them all because they are very special to me and also I plan on getting a wedding decor business going.  How do I politely ask the guests to not take them?? please help with advise thank you

Re: I want to keep my centerpieces, is that ok?

• What will be in them? Do you really think that your guests will just take them without asking. No one took any of mine. If they were just flowers in vases maybe, but even then most people wouldn't just walk off with them without be told to.
  • wow thanks so much for that.. actually I never thought anyone would until someone at work said you know people are going to take them right? its only traditional, i thought it was strange but anyways thanks i feel lots better =-)
  • I have never seen guests take centerpieces.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • The only times I've seen guests take the centerpieces is when they're given out via a public announcement....often to the person whose birthday is next, or something like that. We didn't do this. Instead, as we were cleaning up, we told family members to take them home. As a guest, I would never, ever just take one.
  • I've never been to a wedding where they didn't take the centerpieces.  Question, what are you going to do with them?  Think about it… 
  • I am missing some of my centerpiece vases. I think that guests took them with the flowers. I am glad they took the flowers, they would have just died while we were on our honeymoon. I wanted the vases though....

I would just mention to family or DOC or anyone who has offered to help setup/ tear down.
  • I bought lanterns and I'm getting a florist to make a wreath of flower and/or berries to go around it. I hope that no one would think about taking them. What if I were renting them from the caterer or venue?! I would be so pissed. We have plans for all the lanterns in our home after the wedding. I will have picture frames on the tables too. Good thing I bought those at a second hand store and just added paint.
  • yes perfect it is a small wedding so I will ask my 2 bridesmaids to spread the word =) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards