Chit Chat

Favourite Registry Items

steph861steph861 member
First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited September 2014 in Chit Chat
Which registry items did you end up using/liking the most? Were they the items that you expected to use/like the most?

Were there any registry items that you really wanted but never ended up using?

ETA: This also applies to all the engaged ladies. Which items do you want the most?

Re: Favourite Registry Items

• I had this prior to getting married, but the Shark Steamer Mop is my favorite! Makes cleaning the floors so easy. Dries quickly with no chemicals. 

Cuisinart steel mixing bowls with white lids. They're $30 on Amazon for a set of three.
  • Love my food processor. I've already started using it on a 3 day a week basis, knowing that IF something crazy did occur I'd purchase another and send it back haha, but let's be real.

I'm really excited for our plates that we picked. No one has purchased them yet but I am dying to get them. I can't wait to be able to use them for the rest of our lives!

And our bedding. Other than that I'm hoping someone purchase the coffee maker because it also grinds beans :)

• This is a timely post for me as I just got a shower gift last night in the mail that was one of my most exciting to receive and one I was so excited to register for when we did - a dutch oven! We love to cook and watch a lot of cooking shows where they use one - and neither one of us have ever owned one - so we're super excited to use it! Other items of excitement we've already received are a new super nice knife set and grilling tools and baskets. Most wanted items still on our registry: The Shark, a new comforter, new tools and the Spin Mop! (yes, I'm a dork - but I hate conventional mops and really want to try this!)
  • All the basic stuff we use all. the. time. (towels, sheets, dish towels, dishes, glasses, silverware, etc.)

Other stuff I'm really glad we registered for: cordless quick pick-up vacuum, splatter screen, colanders, k-cup machine

Stuff I'm luke warm about: dutch oven, blender (I already have a magic bullet), clothes steamer, beverage dispenser with stand
    *********************************************************************************

• I did not have a registry this time around, but last time, I had one. The things I used the most are my pots and towels. I registered for a shark steamer and rice cooker thinking I'd use them a ton, but I never used them at all. 

I also received quite a few very nice crystal pieces that I have displayed in the home. It's not like I "use" them, but I have always had them displayed since I got them. 

• abbyj700 said:
    This is a timely post for me as I just got a shower gift last night in the mail that was one of my most exciting to receive and one I was so excited to register for when we did - a dutch oven! We love to cook and watch a lot of cooking shows where they use one - and neither one of us have ever owned one - so we're super excited to use it! Other items of excitement we've already received are a new super nice knife set and grilling tools and baskets. Most wanted items still on our registry: The Shark, a new comforter, new tools and the Spin Mop! (yes, I'm a dork - but I hate conventional mops and really want to try this!)
    Oh ma gawd. The Dutch oven (I guess it's technically a French oven) is my #1 item. I need one (there have been so many recipes where a Dutch oven would have been really useful) and it's such a pretty colour! It's the most expensive item on the registry, though. If nobody buys it (and I'm not really expecting anybody to) it's the first thing I'm using the completion discount on.

• I want my stand mixer RIGHTNOW, damnit!!  I may not be able to wait for it...I'm considering buying it for myself for Christmas...well, before then actually so I can do my holiday baking.  Is that horrible?

• Love our wine fridge! We started using that the day we got home from the wedding. We also got several beautiful Nambe pieces, a large tray, a chip and dip and a cheeseboard. The tray and chip an dip are really lovely display pieces so we keep them out at all times.

I also love our new (matching!) pots and pans. We didn't get the really nice sheets off the registry so we purchased them ourselves and have been in heaven so far.

• Flatware is probably my favorite. My Dutch oven is well appreciated if under utilized at the moment.

Anniversary
  • I want my stand mixer RIGHTNOW, damnit!!  I may not be able to wait for it...I'm considering buying it for myself for Christmas...well, before then actually so I can do my holiday baking.  Is that horrible?
    My parents are getting us the stand mixer. I was making bread the other day and thinking about how much easier it will be to make with the stand mixer.

I also really want the roasting pan (already purchased) and the santoku knife. Literally everything on the registry is kitchen or entertaining-related.

• AprilH81AprilH81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Things I love(d) on my registry that were given as gifts or purchased with cash/gift cards after the wedding:
    -Stacking melamine mixing bowls (I think Martha Stewart)
    -Macy's Hotel Collection Bone China round (we use these every day and I love them)
    -Calphalon Contemporary pots and pans
    -Pyrex storage dishes

Things I registered for and like, but don't use as often as I thought:
    -Stainless Steel spoon rest (just gets in the way)
    -Colander with expandable handles so it spans the sink (holes are really small and get clogged easily)
    -Corningware bakeware with lids (nice, just don't use them often)
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I had a lot of the big stuff before I got engaged: KitchenAid stand mixer, fancy food processor, Le Creuset dutch oven, etc. I adore them all.

Things that I'm excited about using:

1. Serving pieces! Particularly the silverware for serving.
    2. KA mixer attachments. I have a standalone pasta maker already but I want the meat grinder, etc.
    3. New pots and pans. The last of the 6 pieces I registered for just got ordered.
    4. Towels. No one has bought them yet but I'm super-excited for new towels.
    5. Ninja blender and ice cream maker-- I can't wait to use both to make all sorts of goodies. I'm thinking strawberry mango sorbet (to be healthy) and chocolate frozen yogurt (less healthy but yummy).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I want my sheets SOOOOOO bad! They are so sofft and I can't wait to throw those suckers on my bed. FI and I will buy them if we don't get them at the wedding.
  • My favorites were or bedding and towels.  We lived together prior so we had tons of kitchen stuff but nice towels and bedding (and mattress topper OMG) is amazing!  I also love our coffee maker and crockpot which we bought with gift cards after the fact (were still on our registry).  The coffee maker is a grind and brew - love!  The crockpot can be set with a timer, etc and is really nice.  Our previous crockpot actually got too hot and burnt stuff all the time so the new one is wonderful, we use it at least once a week!

Things we got but haven't used: We got sets of various bar glasses but haven't used them due to space currently.  We got a stand mixer and ninja which I was super excited for but haven't used yet.  I think the later two items I won't use tons but it will be really nice when I do.

• Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

H uses the soda stream we got almost every day.

I love the towels we got too.

Anniversary

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    We aren't registering, but FMIL got us a fire pit for the backyard! I'm super excited to make s'mores with Fi! I'm obviously hoping that a lot of my family takes it upon themselves to give us money. But if I had a registry I think I'd be most excited for home decorative items (we already have really nice sheets and big-ticket kitchen items) like new throw pillow. It seems silly and it's something that I can easily buy myself, but for some reason I just haven't found the time. Plus it'd be so much more fun to get as a gift. I know Fi's been eyeing a roll-able kitchen island.

I might just get Fi a gift certificate to IKEA for Christmas and we can get some of that stuff. Maybe I can pass the word on to my mom and she can "let it slip" to grandma...

ETF: Acronyms are hard...
    ETFx2: Paragraphs
  • My favorites weren't the fancy kitchen stuff I was anticipating, but actually our bedding and towels. I had nasty old sheets that have been following me around despite several moves and I was so ready to pitch those suckers.
    imageimage">
  • We haven't started using any of our shower gifts yet but I was most excited to receive my pyrex glass storage containers. It was the one thing on my registry that, if nothing else was purchased but those, I would be happy. We also got the plates that I registered for and I'm in love.
  • I loved all of my basics. (towels, sheets, pots, pans, flatware, etc)

I'll give you a list of shit that I took back/or kept and now realizing I don't need it:

-Corning Wear set ( a million pieces and I won't use)
    -Toaster Oven (took up too much counter space)
    -Electric Frying pan (I rarely fry anything)
    -George Forman Grill (kept it...more of a pain then it's worth)
    -Some of my bathroom items (like a fancy tissue box holder?!?  I rather have one less thing to dust)
    -Crystal decanter set (we aren't that fancy)
    -Snack trays (Used one for the first time last week.  Not a fan)

Items I love:
    -Shark vacuum
    -Shark steam mop
    -Dust Buster
    -Hot Pink Kitchen Aid Mixer
    -Massage shower head (not for the reason you dirty birds are thinkin')
    -Folding Chairs (weren't on our registry but we didn't have any and could use them)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I loved all of my basics. (towels, sheets, pots, pans, flatware, etc)

I'll give you a list of shit that I took back/or kept and now realizing I don't need it:

-Corning Wear set ( a million pieces and I won't use)
    -Toaster Oven (took up too much counter space)
    -Electric Frying pan (I rarely fry anything)
    -George Forman Grill (kept it...more of a pain then it's worth)
    -Some of my bathroom items (like a fancy tissue box holder?!?  I rather have one less thing to dust)
    -Crystal decanter set (we aren't that fancy)
    -Snack trays (Used one for the first time last week.  Not a fan)

Items I love:
    -Shark vacuum
    -Shark steam mop
    -Dust Buster
    -Hot Pink Kitchen Aid Mixer
    -Massage shower head (not for the reason you dirty birds are thinkin')
    -Folding Chairs (weren't on our registry but we didn't have any and could use them)
    If I could get away with putting a hot pink Kitchenaid stand mixer on our registry, I totally would.

• I stalked my registry and the T-FAL slicer is purchased.  VERY excited for that!

• We haven't registered yet, but I happened to be in BB&B last night, and was getting excited about possibly getting some new runner rugs for my hallway!!

I'm also excited to register for some new Corelle, but sad that the pattern I want doesn't come in a 76-pc set...

I'm not really one to be in the kitchen, so as awesome as I think the kitchen aid mixers look, (and so many colors!), I'm going to attempt to refrain from "needing" one.  SO really wants a griddle for the stove to make pancakes.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• We didn't register for anything but someone gave us wine decanter and we love it.
  • We made a small registry so it was there if people wanted to buy physical objects. We got married in Ontario and live in BC so no shower and very little was purchased because people were worried about us having to transport it back. 
    I love my cups with saucers that came with my dishes. I also love the duvet. No one bought the ice cream mixer attachment for the KitchenAid, but DH used the completion discount and got it for me for my birthday. I've been making SO MUCH ice cream. I really wanted to put some Le Creuset stuff on the registry but no store carries it in my hometown and my guests aren't big online shoppers so I knew it wouldn't get bought and I can't justify buying it for myself now.

Anniversary
  • I was WAY too excited for our China silverware "serving set" - like 4 spoons and a sugar bowl haha. I'm also super excited to have received a crystal 3 tier pastry display, and a crystal cake dome. I guess I'm excited to decorate a China cabinet but not actually use the pieces. I still need a China cabinet though!

DHs favorite was the Ninja blender.

image   image   image

• I just wish people had checked the registry better. I have four identical salad spinners and three identical glass sangria pitchers.
    eyeroll
  • I just had my shower and I am so excited about new flatware.  SO EXCITED.

And I am super excited about the Fiesta ware that we registered for!!

We got some nice crystal pieces, and I'm very excited.  We got candlesticks, a bud vase, and a bowl.  We didn't register for the bowl, but it is beautiful- now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with it? Display it? Do you serve stuff out of it?  My best idea so far is putting water with a flower or floating candle in it when we have people over.

FI keeps me grounded with stuff that we don't "need", so I feel that not much will go unused.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am SO excited for a full set of gorgeous embossed glasses in blue and green... and our standing mixer.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Inkdancer said:
    I just wish people had checked the registry better. I have four identical salad spinners and three identical glass sangria pitchers.
    Please tell me they included gift receipts.

• Inkdancer said:
    I just wish people had checked the registry better. I have four identical salad spinners and three identical glass sangria pitchers.
    I think it is just weirdness through the companies, at least sometimes. We've gotten 2 of the same pieces of Calphalon from Crate & Barrel. Both are listed on the Thank You Manager but I only registered for 1- and only 1 shows as fulfilled on the registry list. It's the strangest thing and I have no idea what's going on!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards