Flowers

Bouquet---Yes or No?

Hi there, I am having an Austin, TX wedding next fall. We are keeping things very affordable but, fun. It will be a small weekend wedding celebration with immediate family and some friends. I am trying to stick with all Texas style (support the local folks!) and found a wonderful farm that grows beautiful wildflowers and found them at a farmer's market. I am planning on doing simple centerpieces in mason jars with just a mix on picnic tables. The honest question though beyond this, is bouquet or not? I am leaning towards not because I really don't understand the purpose. We won't be tossing the bouquet or having anything like that. We are doing a food truck at a microbrewery and super relaxed and fun with an acoustic guitarist. Super relaxed.... Yes or No? Thoughts?? :) Thank you! Did you or did you not? Or are you or are you not? Ha!

Re: Bouquet---Yes or No?

• It's a personal decision. If you don't want a bouquet, don't have one.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Addie's right, it's totally a personal decision. I didn't plan on having a bouquet, but our florist said she could easily make one within our budget. It was super pretty, but it was also kind of a PITA to carry around and it wilted, so we chucked it in the trash the next day. I totally could have skipped it.
  • I didn't do a bouquet toss, but I still had one. You don't have to have one if you don't want, but it was nice to have something in my hand while I was walking down the aisle so I wasn't fidgeting.
  • You don't have to have one.  It is completely your decision.  If you don't have one then you may want to figure out how to have your hands when you walk down the aisle.  You don't want to be wringing your fingers together or fidgeting by touching your face/hair or randomly scratching at your arm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards