DIY Wedding Forum
Options

Vistaprint?

When I was planning my wedding several years ago there were LOTS of Vistaprint deals/freebies. I am now trying to help a friend plan hers but can't seem to find the same promotions- can anhyone point me in the direction of freebies? 

Re: Vistaprint?

• Options
    I always find a ton of coupons on retailmenot.com
    Or just Google "Vistaprint coupon codes"
    And I love Vistaprnt
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I have done a ton of online searches etc- nothing even close to the discounts I got come up. Vistaprint used to have amazing deals- mugs, t shirts, postcards for $1-$3 etc. One of the brides here had a website that listed the deals etc too, but the site is gone.  
  • Options
    I used to use Vista for ALL my printing needs (I'm military but also do real estate on the side) and they really don't have the great freebies like they used to!

If you subscribe to their mailing list, you'll get some coupon deals in your inbox, which are good but nothing like they were 7-8 years ago.
  • Options
    Try Groupon, they usually have good deals, or wait for them to advertise a sale
  • Options
    I agree on Groupon but offer a warning: don't buy them too far in advance. We did and they expired. While not normally such a big deal, they issue the Groupons in coupon code form, meaning that you can't use discounts with the expired Groupon credit. You can still use it, just at a much higher price.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Groupon is the best I've seen (I really miss the 75% off and free shipping of 7-8 years ago) but as @wandajune6 said, don't buy them too far in advance.  I have one sitting in my Groupon cart and since I can find 50% off at retailmenot.com I haven't been able to use it because you can't combine it with discounts and I refuse to pay full price. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My friend alerted me to a Vistaprint Groupon the very weekend I was pondering programs. It worked out perfectly.  Just keep your eyes open for a few months and something will come up for sure.  

• Options
    Thanks for all the replies- I need to order within the next could weeks (need them to us by Nov 1)
    I am in Canada too, so I am not sure the groupons will work but i will look in to those
  • Options
    Found some invites that were perfect on Vistaprint... it's a folded design with a photo on the front, text inside about the wedding, and then the option to put another photo and fun message on the back. 

I've ordered many business cards, postcards, and magnets from them... but never a card that folds.  I was going to get the premium glossy (what I use for my biz cards) until I say that matte is described as being "great for double sided printing." So then I thought "use matte" but I'm concerned that the photos of us won't be as nice.

Has anyone had experience with what kind of paper to use for this style of card, especially if you're going to include photos? 

TIA!
  • Options
    I used the Matte (or maybe linen) for my Thank You notes.  The photo was a sunset picture of us and the texture gave it a beautiful watercolor feel. I actually prefer the lower sheen finishes.  

Another tip: I just ordered a week or so ago and they had a Christmas card special going on.  I used that to get my Thank You cards and just picked the "create your own" option.  There is nothing Christmas related on it (it even let you add to the back) and it was much less.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @vh2014 next time you go into VP would you check to see what you ordered (if it was linen vs matte)?  The linen sounds beautiful.

Also, that's one thing I liked about the card option - adding stuff to the back! I didn't know it until I was about to check out (you know how they give you a million "add this" options).... VP asked if I wanted to add a back photo and said "included" so I added a fun one of us in our football jerseys (house divided) with a quote "Happiness is marrying your best friend."  I was afraid it would be too cheesy, but my man likes it.
  • Options
    Just verified... Premium 100lb white Matte stock.  
    @vh2014 next time you go into VP would you check to see what you ordered (if it was linen vs matte)?  The linen sounds beautiful.

Also, that's one thing I liked about the card option - adding stuff to the back! I didn't know it until I was about to check out (you know how they give you a million "add this" options).... VP asked if I wanted to add a back photo and said "included" so I added a fun one of us in our football jerseys (house divided) with a quote "Happiness is marrying your best friend."  I was afraid it would be too cheesy, but my man likes it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! and Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards