Just Engaged and Proposals

He finally asked me!

Corey and I met in the spring of '08 and moved in together 6 months later--he drove cross-country in the dead of winter to help move me from Tennessee to Colorado! We bought rings over the summer, and as of this past Tuesday we have a one-month old daughter, Chloe Jane. We've done everything in topsy-turvy order, obviously :P

Today Corey's sweet mom, Brenda, watched Chloe while we went on our first proper date since her birth. We ate a relaxed late breakfast and then went hiking in a gorgeous canyon on the National Monument just outside of town. It had just rained and the fall colors and lichen-covered boulders were glowing with color. Corey clambered down a shortcut while I took the switchback (I'm skinny again but my muscles are pansies still!), and when I rounded the corner, he dropped on one knee in front of me with the whole canyon at my feet! I only stuttered a couple times before answering, "I'd be delighted to!"--but that's because I practiced, lol.

Yay! Now on to battle over the date of the wedding. I want  summer a year and a half from now, and he wants this winter!

Re: He finally asked me!

• Congrats!! We argued over the date too we ended up compromising in the middle and now that we are only 4 months away the date seems like perfect timing.  Good Luck!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Congrats! Enjoy your engagement!
  • Congrats! Tell him all of the Knot says that a short engagement is fine if you're going with a laid back wedding, but you're better off leaving plenty of time to plan, just in case. This winter is pushing it, not just for planning but for giving your guests enough notice to travel affordably, kinda assuming a bunch live far away since you moved.
  • Congrats :)
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards