March 2015 Weddings
Options

Where did you register?

Saw some of the brides are finishing up registering. We are doing ours in July. So I thought it might help some of us... Where did you register? Favorite thing you registered for?? Aaaaaand go!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where did you register?

• Options
    I won't be of any help on this one as we aren't planning on registering anywhere. We both own houses (in process of selling one of them), so we have more than enough stuff.
  • Options
    We've set up registries at Bed Bath and Beyond (finished!), JCPenney, and Target (both of which are not finished). I might delete my Target registry after we go in store to JCPenney. I set that one up online and might just register for everything else there. Target kind of left a bad taste in my mouth (for no real reason except I was tired going there). I love BBB. So much fun stuff. I love the fiesta dishes we registered for as well as the crawfish coasters and the Louisiana chopping board. They've got fun local themed stuff, but not to the point of being obnoxious about it like so many other places I go into. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Macy's and Crate n Barrel :)

We're also registering for the fiesta set at Macy's, but haven't found our finer china yet. Fi and I keep bumping heads....we shall see.

imageimage

• Options
    @shannonmaya‌ what color(s) did you register for on the fiesta dishes?
    We went with lemongrass and scarlet. I really want all of them, but we're planning a red/green apple theme for the kitchen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alm199alm199 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    We are registering at Walmart because most of our guests are from a small town with no other stores. We are trying to decide between Macy's, Kohls and Target for another registry or two. We don't really need anything for the house other than decorations so I have no idea what to register for. I'm also a fan of Fiesta so we will probably register at Macy's.
  • Options
    gograce said:
    @shannonmaya‌ what color(s) did you register for on the fiesta dishes? We went with lemongrass and scarlet. I really want all of them, but we're planning a red/green apple theme for the kitchen.
    We have blue and green couch/love seat, with dark brown elements, so something to complement that...haven't been in the store to check out all those color combinations ;) Waiting for a Sip n' Scan to happen in my area!

imageimage

• Options
    We registered at Crate & Barrel, and will probably do one other registry, but haven't decided on what yet. Probably Target, but time will tell. 

@shannonmaya, we're also, um, discussing our dish options. The ones I like he finds a little heavy for everyday use, so we may register for two types - one for everyday and one for nicer events. We host a lot of dinner parties and while nobody has commented on our mismatched dishes so far I'm a little self-conscious about it. May I ask how many place settings total you're registering for?
  • Options
    taygete05 said:
    We registered at Crate & Barrel, and will probably do one other registry, but haven't decided on what yet. Probably Target, but time will tell. 

@shannonmaya, we're also, um, discussing our dish options. The ones I like he finds a little heavy for everyday use, so we may register for two types - one for everyday and one for nicer events. We host a lot of dinner parties and while nobody has commented on our mismatched dishes so far I'm a little self-conscious about it. May I ask how many place settings total you're registering for?
    Oh yea, definitely have two types! My everyday dishes are NOT the dishes I want to serve my Thanksgiving meal to my in-laws! I figure we'll register for 12 sets, but we aren't going to go for the entire place settings for the everyday use dishes (we collect mugs from our travels and have no need for all those saucers!)

Watch out for Target because most of their items are seasonal and go out of stock. My good friend registered there early on in her engagement and had to practically redo it 4 months before her wedding. They're great on returns though!

imageimage

• Options
    That's a good point about not needing entire place settings for the everyday dishes, @shannonmaya. We have lots of mugs (pays to have a best friend who's a potter!) and I find a dinner-sized plate is enough to include salad ... Thanks for the suggestion (and the heads up about Target!)
  • Options
    We registered at Macy's, Williams and Sonoma, and Target.  I want to register for the honeymoon but haven't found anything I like.  I think it would be awesome to find a travel agent that can add on to the honeymoon package for things like champagne in the room with fruit or scuba diving etc.  
  • Options
    starfish411 please be aware that hunnyfunds are considered incredibly tacky, I would suggest going over to the Etiquette board and seeing why if you don't understand

imageimage

• Options
    We've registered at Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond and Dillard's. We finally decided to register for fine china and Dillard's had much better prices than BBB. My favorite thing that I've registered for is a KitchenAid mixer and his favorite thing is a grill. We have been living together for over 5 years so we are pretty established but are registering for the nicer stuff that will last us for a long time. 
  • Options
    We plan to register at Kohl's in a few months.  We just bought a house in April and basically have everything we need but could use just a few upgrades (bath towels, mixer, etc.). 
  • Options
    pends123 I almost did Kohls until I heard how difficult it is to return anything. I would creep the Registries board before you do, and pretty much realize you will get little value out of what you need to return if you don't have a receipt from the giver

imageimage

• Options
    @shannonmaya I read similar things about Kohls... so our registry there is pretty limited. We basically just registered for things that we DEFINITELY want... we barely have 50 items there I think. Just wanted to give guests a second option. Great advice to creep the registry boards though - lots of helpful info there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnoble I was moreso afraid of duplicates :x

imageimage

• Options
    @shannonmaya valid point.. whooops.. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@shannonmaya I appreciate your advice.  Personally I think I'll take the risk because our registry will mostly consist of items that shouldn't need returned if we are to receive duplicates (towels, small kitchen items, candles/décor).  I worked at Kohls for 2 years before my current job and the cashiers at my location are good about asking about gift receipts.  If someone were to purchase a KitchenAid Mixer or something equally big and expensive, and for some reason we needed to return it, the price would most likely be the same as when purchased.  Prices for big items like that don't vary much and go on and off sale all of the time.  Plus, those are the items that customers are most likely to get a gift receipt for.  Thanks for the second opinion though because I didn't even think of that until you brought it up :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards