Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Beach Party Rehearsal

edited September 2014 in Pre-wedding Parties
Hey All!  

I was thinking, since my wedding could be classed as "destination" to some (even though we live here) who are travelling from out of town. It might be nice to include everyone (who wants to be included) in the rehearsal dinner and even thought we're on a island with beautiful beaches, the wedding itself is not a beach wedding so some beach time might be appreciated.

Just wondering, as a wedding guest, how would you feel about a Beach Party/ BBQ the afternoon/ evening before the wedding as the "rehearsal"?  We would have it on the beach where we live and likely keep it casual, have a bonfire, tiki torches, music, BBQ and coolers of drinks.

Also, I know games are cheesy at weddings but what about beach parties? If you think games would work, any suggestions?

Many thanks! 

Re: Beach Party Rehearsal

• Options
    I think that sounds awesome!  As long as food and drinks are provided for people (they don't have to pay, or bring they're own) I would love that!
  • Options
    We would provide the food and drinks.
  • Options
    I love that idea. I'd be game!
  • Options
    Sounds good. My cousin's IL's hosted a huuuuuuuge rehearsal dinner that every family member was invited to. It was rad. If you can swing it, people will love it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I've attended and/or worked a lot of beach parties. People generally love them.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I love this idea, especially for "destination" weddings. I always think that weddings with very inclusive RDs end up having really fun receptions because people have had a chance to meet and break the ice a bit first.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Exactly southernbelle0915! 
  • Options
    Wow, that sounds like fun!  If I was invited to that event, I would take it as an honor.  Good for you for making such an enjoyable party.
  • Options
    Rehearsal dinner/party or welcome party. . . . . it seems like it would be tons of fun.  I think games would be totally appropriate.  Canjam, cornhole, volleyball, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards