October 2014 Weddings

Wishy washy RSVPs

So I totally need to vent here and I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I need to get this off my chest. So we're basically having a destination wedding for most of our family, we let everyone know over a year in advance when the wedding was and where it was. You'd think people would plan. Anyways. Fast forward to this past month when we sent out or invites. We got a decent number of our RSVPs back. However there is a whole side of my family that has rsvped that they're coming when they called and told me this week that they're not. Now they're telling me that they're coming!!! Ugh. I get it. It's super far away for them, but seriously can't you make up your damn mind already. It's either you're coming or your not. Thankfully my final count isn't due until the 6th, which is the Monday before our wedding--so hopefully they'll have it figured out by then. But I just think it's super rude to RSVP one thing and then a week later say your not coming then 2 days later decide your coming again. Pick one! Ugh. Hopefully I can get a better understanding of their plans this weekend and we can stop going back and forth because it is seriously stressing me out with only 2 weeks to go.

Thanks for letting me rant.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wishy washy RSVPs

• I hope these are people who have never been brides before, because if they have, they should totally know how messed up it is to keep changing their answers. I would be very frustrated as well.
  • I would be absolutely annoyed if I had to experience that situation.  And, I'd probably tell the people it's too late to change and decide they're coming.  We already discussed that exact scenario (late RSVP) and decided if they couldn't RSVP by the time we gave them then really they are out of luck...even if we do have extra time before our final count.  It's the damn principle of it all! 
  • AGGHHHH this kind of thing makes me so angry!! All of our family is OOT too. How hard is it to figure out? Yes or no? You already know you have to make travel plans so how can you manage to be so wishy washy??

• I don't get it. And it's not like these people are just a day ride away. They're coming from Norfolk VA and going to Boston Ma. You'd think that you'd have travel plans already figured out by now. Ugh. I'm just terrified that if I put them as no they'll actually just show up the day of the wedding and expect that there's a plate for them. :-(. I don't know what to do at this point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards