Wedding Etiquette Forum

invitations

So this is my very first post. I have a few question and I haven't found a post about it yet. or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough 
I was wondering do I send out formal invitation to the people in my bridal party? 
Would it be rude or strange if I didn't? 
What type of invites do they get for the wedding? 
I really need some advise on this. HELP!

Re: invitations

• Yes, the bridal party members are guests too-VIP guests, in fact.  It would be rude and strange for them not to receive invitations.

They get the same invitations that you are sending to other guests.
  • So this is my very first post. I have a few question and I haven't found a post about it yet. or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough 
    I was wondering do I send out formal invitation to the people in my bridal party? 
    Would it be rude or strange if I didn't? 
    What type of invites do they get for the wedding? 
    I really need some advise on this. HELP!

Ditto Jen. Everyone gets an invitation, including bridal party and parents.
  • @jen4948 thank you so much....i was thinking that but i wasn't to sure about it.  
  • You're welcome! Best wishes and congratulations!
  • PPs have it covered.

Just thought I'd add welcome!  And don't feel bad about not finding it before...the search feature here sucks.  

• My dad thought I was nuts for sending him an invitation, but then refused to return his RSVP b/c he wanted to save it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think people love getting real invitations. I texted my bridesmaids and parents that they didn't need to send me their RSVP cards. Every one of them sent it anyways lol 

• AddieCake said:
    My dad thought I was nuts for sending him an invitation, but then refused to return his RSVP b/c he wanted to save it.
    This happens in my family too!  So many people told me or my sister that they "wanted to keep the set in tact."  Seriously people, it's an RSVP card NOT a winning lottery ticket.  Just return.  If you want it back later, we can talk.
    Anniversary

• My mom kept her RSVP card too. But she was collecting the RSVPs anyway, so it didn't matter.

We also didn't have meal choices, so that made it easier.

OP: what do you mean by "what type of invitation to give them"? They get the same invitation as everyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards