June 2015 Weddings

Wedding Website

Hey Guys:) 
My fiancé and I just got engaged recently, and are starting to plan our wedding for next summer. I've been doing a lot of browsing on here and I noticed doing a wedding website is a popular thing to do now. Did anybody actually do this? If so, do you think it was helpful /worth it? 

Re: Wedding Website

• Yes!!! I put all of the information needed for booking hotels, things to do in the area, and information about us (the bride and groom) on there. Our families are all over the place, so a lot of extended family hasn't met my fiance. I thought it would be nice for them to see some pictures of us.

It's also a tasteful way for people to see your registries.
  • As a suggestion for a site to host your wedding website, try looking at appy couple. Yes, it is $35, buuuut, you also get a mobile app! Just a fun suggestion if your guests are tech savvy! :)
  • Well first, congratulations!

Second, we made a wedding website - considering how we increasingly expect to be able to find information online, it seemed like a pretty low investment of time and energy. We just set up the website that comes free with your The Knot account. Are there "better" options out there? Probably. But it was free and it was easy, so you know what? I'm happy with that. We haven't shared around the URL yet, since we haven't finished all the content, but it's easy, it looks relatively nice, and did I mention it's easy? I am highly pro-easy right now.
  • a1y5s4ma1y5s4m member
    First Comment
    Thanks Everybody! I started to make one, but haven't given out the website since we haven't confirmed everything yet. 
  • I recently completed and and sent the link to family and friends that are invited. As it gets closer I will add hotel information for people to rent rooms.
  • Yeah we are.

• yeah I am using the one provided by the knot and I am slowly building it. I will share the link once we send the STD email. 

• We're doing the same exact thing.
  • I used mywedding.com to set up my wedding information website. I live in Canada and this site was used by another bride that I know so I knew it would work well for me.

Hope that helps. :) 

• I'm thinking about purchasing a template from "Theme Forest" (found some good ones for $20.00) and then hosting our own website with more interactive options in lieu of doing paper save-the-dates. Not sure if it's worth it or if it would be better to just do paper STDs and get a free wedding website since we obviously won't be using it post-wedding. I have so many guests who live on their computers, phones, and tablets that I feel like having an online option (paid or free) is a must and would be very valued and appreciated.
  • I'm thinking about purchasing a template from "Theme Forest" (found some good ones for $20.00) and then hosting our own website with more interactive options in lieu of doing paper save-the-dates. Not sure if it's worth it or if it would be better to just do paper STDs and get a free wedding website since we obviously won't be using it post-wedding. I have so many guests who live on their computers, phones, and tablets that I feel like having an online option (paid or free) is a must and would be very valued and appreciated.

Personally, I'm online 24/7, and I'd only use your website for a quick look at your registry. I like having a tangible STD on my fridge as a reminder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards