Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

song to walk down the aisle to?

Hi!
I was thinking of having a friend of mine sing as I walked down the aisle. This would be a surprise to FH. What song do you think would be good? What do you think about Train ' s song Marry Me?

Re: song to walk down the aisle to?

• Options
    Personally, I think this song is super cheesy - but if you love it, go for it! Just keep in mind, that for most singers, this is a really hard song to sing well (I sing at lots of weddings and this is one of my least favorites) Another good one I've done a lot is "Can't Help Falling Love" - more like the Ingrid Michaelson version. Something a little different but still recognizable. "You Raise me Up" - Josh Groban. A lot of people are turned off by this because it's a Christian song, but it's so pretty to walk down the aisle to - especially if you're having any religious elements to your ceremony.
  • Options
    Also, TK ate my paragraphs again
  • Options
    Have you ever heard "Grow Old With Me"  (you can check out versions by John Lennon or cover by Mary Chapin Carpenter)  It's more classic than Train, but, ultimately - choose whatever you like!  :-)

• Options
    @donethat

"Grow Old Along With Me" is an awesome choice too!!!  
  • Options
    Great choices. Ive made a note of these song x 
  • Options
    I love Train, but I agree, it's so overdone. I was looking at my DJ's website where he lists every wedding couples playlist and I'd say over half picked that song. 

With that said, ultimately it's your choice and whatever song you choose will just add that much more speciality to your big day!
  • Options
    My friend walked down the aisle to this song. If you like it, go for it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm sorry, I think the Train song is meh. Look into "Come Rain or Come Shine" by David Francey. The lyrics are beautiful.
  • Options
    But if you are set on that Train song, go for it! It probably means a lot more to you than it does to me and it will be beautiful :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards