DIY Wedding Forum

I have an overwhelming desire to AW my partially finished DIYs.

@Smichek, I blame you!

In progress table numbers (and almost my man of honor's butt): 
End result will look like this, but with purple sparkly tulle instead of flowers:
In progress cake topper (I'm not loving it):
Paper flower... thing for the guestbook table or something:

Flower girl basket:

And some sort of centerpiece action will be happening with these:
Luckily, the venue is handling centerpieces, so I dont really have to worry about it.

OH, and these:
Will (eventually) become these:

The end. This post has no real purpose, other than to save my friends and family with being bombarded with this stuff because I am JUST SO EXCITED.

Re: I have an overwhelming desire to AW my partially finished DIYs.

• All of your projects look AWESOME! !!! Can't wait to get AW post after the wedding! My only DIY is paper cranes right now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• cwradford said:
    All of your projects look AWESOME! !!! Can't wait to get AW post after the wedding! My only DIY is paper cranes right now.
    Thank you! 

I really wanted to do some paper cranes, but I just could not get the hang of it. These flowers are the closest to origami I will ever get.

• cwradford said:

All of your projects look AWESOME! !!! Can't wait to get AW post after the wedding! My only DIY is paper cranes right now.

Thank you! 

I really wanted to do some paper cranes, but I just could not get the hang of it. These flowers are the closest to origami I will ever get.

I personally believe that the flowers are harder because there are more moving parts, especially with the glue and the sticks. I have 115 paper cranes so I'm cranking them out, just slowly. Once I have all the ones I need I have to string them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• cwradford said:
    cwradford said:
    Thank you! 

I personally believe that the flowers are harder because there are more moving parts, especially with the glue and the sticks. I have 115 paper cranes so I'm cranking them out, just slowly. Once I have all the ones I need I have to string them.
    Well, that's true. The gluing was the hardest part.

Thant's going to look so cool!
  • I hope so. We're doing a bunch for the ceremony back drop. Those will be strung and hung from the arch. And then we have huge ones folded from 12 inch by 12 inch origami paper that we will string for a chandelier style ceiling thingy for the reception.

Then if we have left over small ones we'll put them on the tables and things.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Um, I am going to NEED you to AW this. I can wait, I'm patient :)
  • I will. But don't expect it for another 9 months. I planned ahead so I can take my time. Right now I crank out about 5 cranes a day in the evening while I'm watching tv. I do a little more on the weekends if my professors don't have me swamped with papers and reading.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That sounds way better than my plan. I waited until 3 weeks out to even think about this stuff. Whoopsie doodle.

But hey, 1 project down!
  • falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    Yaaaaay. At least it's done!!!! And they look really good!!!

ETA: words suck

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Beautiful!

I'm particularly fond of the kusudama flowers - probably because I'm using so many myself! I love how you included the feathers to add a nice dimension. Lovely!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Beautiful! I'm particularly fond of the kusudama flowers - probably because I'm using so many myself! I love how you included the feathers to add a nice dimension. Lovely!
    Thank you!

I know what you mean. Now that I've made them, I think they are super awesome when others make/use them.
  • This looks like serious fun! Go, you!
  • This looks like serious fun! Go, you!
    Despite my WAY last minute start, it really has been! I think I have officially been converted to a crafter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards