Ohio-Columbus

Welding rings

Has anyone had their engagement ring and wedding band welded together? I'm looking to find somewhere that does it in-house. I contacted Diamond Cellar but they said it would take 10 days. Eeek. I'd like it done same day if possible!

Re: Welding rings

• I had mine done at jared. They have a section called the shop (because it is the shop) and there's windows so you can watch them work. The turn around time for mine was i think 4 days but it was more than just the soder it was separating the wrap into 2 bands, sizing those down, sizing my engagement ring up and welding all 3 together.
  • Diamond Cellar did mine and it took about a week (felt like forever) and they did an excellent job.

I was on the fence about doing it before the wedding, but by the end of the honeymoon I knew I wanted it done.  Both my engagement ring and wedding band are half eternity bands and before I got them welded together they would spin at different rates and the diamonds would never line up.

I waited another week or so after returning to make sure I really wanted to do it, but now that I have I haven't regretted it one bit.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I had my previous wedding set soldered together after the center stone on my E ring was chipped, probably by the diamonds on my wedding band. 
    It took a day or two at my jeweler - Carioti Jewelers on Cleveland Ave across form Columbus State. 

It might take a couple days, but I think it would better to have it take a few days and make sure it is done correctly. You'll want a good solder, but one they can be undone if needed in the future without damaging the rings. GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards