South Carolina
Options

FRIEND PERFORMING OUR CEREMONY

Hey Everyone! My fiancé and I have asked a friend to be our officiant! We are super excited and so is he! Does anyone know the SC rules for this? Like where he needs to get ordained? None of us live in SC. Or do any of you know who to contact to find out the rules? Thanks so much for your help, we want to make sure our marriage is legal at the end of the day!!
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FRIEND PERFORMING OUR CEREMONY

• Options
    Thank you!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We had an issue with our officiant and my brother ended up doing it at the last minute. We called the county to find out this info and they were not helpful, so we ended up having a guest notarize the paperwork for us. (SC is one of the only states where a notary can sign a marriage license.) We asked her in advance so she had her stamp with her. It was super quick. I already had everything filled out so she just had to sign and stamp it. It may be easier (and cheaper) than having your friend get certified and then having the worry about whether or not it's legal.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hey I did hear that a notary was able to sign the license... But I'm not sure if I'm friends with anyone who is a notary. Do you know if they need to be an SC notary? When I called York county they were not very helpful!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, it must be a SC notary!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards