Chit Chat
Options

Started New Work Out

And I'm pretty proud of myself. My girlfriend wrote it up for me, and we're doing it together. Let me just tell ya'll, it's hard as balls for me. It seems easy, like I legit questioned her on it and NOPE! It's definitely hard, but should be worth it :)

Re: Started New Work Out

• Options
    Good for you!!!  It's always hard to get in a new routine but you'll be so happy when you feel better and see results.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Do work!! I love new workouts! You should share your new routine!! :) I love when I start a new routine and I get FI to try it, and he assumes it looks easy and then I notice him struggling to keep up. Makes me proud lol

• Options
    loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    For today she wrote this up for me: Jog 400 metres 15 wall squats 10 reverse push ups 10 reverse crunches Repeat 3-4 times I know it seems easy, but I'm a large girl and it's hard lol. Once we see how I do with this, she'll change it up if necessary and make a solid plan.
  • Options
    What's a reverse push-up-- is that also called a tricep dip, like this?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

That's definitely what I thought. But it's when you start in the position a regular push up would finish in, and lower yourself down. It's for people like me with know arm strength to train your body for push ups.
  • Options
    I keep telling myself that I'm going to start working out. But then I never stick too it... which makes me angry because I know it makes me feel better, I just fail at sticking to workout plans.

Glad you like your new plan OP.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Awesome! I'm trying to find my motivation again.
  • Options

That's definitely what I thought. But it's when you start in the position a regular push up would finish in, and lower yourself down. It's for people like me with know arm strength to train your body for push ups.
    Ah I see.  So you start halfway down and then lower yourself slowly to the floor?  And a reverse crunch, same thing-- start halfway up and then lower yourself the rest of the way down?

That does sound like good strengthening for a beginner.  Hopefully this will work for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Ah I see.  So you start halfway down and then lower yourself slowly to the floor?  And a reverse crunch, same thing-- start halfway up and then lower yourself the rest of the way down?

That does sound like good strengthening for a beginner.  Hopefully this will work for you!
    Reverse crunches are when you lay flat on the ground and bring your knees up. It ruts after the 30th one lol
  • Options
    Congrats! I always find it so difficult to get in to a new routine, especially when it's unpleasant. The hard work will definitely be worth it!
  • Options
    Woohoo! That is great. I really need to get back into the workout game :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    You go chica!

Tomorrow I start my training again....I gave myself a bit a lot of leeway leading up to and after the wedding.  I was being super lazy, so I signed myself up for a half marathon in November (I am such an idiot) to get my ass in gear.  Hopefully I can stick to the plan....

If you ever need a workout buddy to check in on you and vice versa, lemme know!  :)
    Anniversary

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Yay, OP! Glad you are super excited about it. I have always dreaded working out unless I was playing a team sport until I found yoga. I love doing it. I have really been struggling with my eating habits even though I'm working out regularly. I just hired a health coach/nutritionist today. We start on Wednesday and I will see her once a week for 6 months. Really excited about it. Edited: to try to add paragraphs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards