Wedding Woes

Friday seems a million miles away.

Morning.  Ugh.  I got about 1.5 hours of sleep last night.  

More of the same here, just waiting for something to happen. 

I want to go back to bed.  IDK what DH did to the coffee this morning, but it's not tasting very good.  Blerg. 

::pulls covers back over her head:: 

Re: Friday seems a million miles away.

• The last two days have been hell to get up in the mornings.

I got my flu shot this morning.

I had ice cream for dinner last night. I have no regrets. Other than waking up at 3am STARVING.
  • I wasn't feeling too great this morning so I skipped the gym.  I hate doing that, especially since I can't go tomorrow due to early morning work stuff.

I made those cookie/candy/brownie things last night and they just aren't good.  They sound good but blech.  I did 6 with pb cups and 6 with oreos.

Tomorrow is October.  Holy cow.
  • I'm ready for my period to start and be over.  Sniffling at my desk b/c.....well I guess b/c I'm awake is annoying me.  My last few periods seem to be increasing in emotional symptom intensity, so I'm thinking about upping my supplement to see if that helps.  Still no boob pain and reduced cramps/length of period, so I won't complain about that.

I need to do something in my life.  IDK what, but something.  I'm really restless.  I think it was a void that was filled by my freethinkers group and now I'm bored again.  
  • Ahh yes. The PMS roid rage/emotional train wreck :-/. That was a special latter 30's, post DD present. Along with Noah's "flood" on the 2nd day. Lovely.

Had my gyno appt yesterday and had a good discussion about some stuff. My fave, no bullshit, no panic, non-pathologizer doctor...if I could clone that dude for all my medical practitioners, I would.

This coming weekend is going to be BUSY. Celebration of Cultures festival on Sat, seeing my first pro football game (DD's first too, not that that means much ;)) ever at the stadium on Sunday.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm at work, but pretty useless.  I keep just wandering from one task to the other, knowing that I have "THINGS" to do, but doing none of them.  And if I don't get them done, they don't get done<<<the bad thing.  But I'm often a huge procrastinator so I'm used to it <<<the good thing.

DH took the whole week off for the wake, and funeral, etc.  He did piss me off yesterday (and I felt like a bad wife) because as I was spending portions of the day with him, and alternately his entire family---he sat on his phone and texted with work friends.  I'm a harpy b*tch, or at least I feel like it.  But I just find it rude that he texts through entire conversations rather than participating.  And this coming from a guy who would eyeroll if I got more than 2 text a night from BFFFFF.  *sigh*

And then I think I'm being unfair and a bad wife and all that other self doubt shit.  I'll get over it, I've voiced my opinion and I'll move on.  I'm just venty and kind of isolated which doesn't add up to a happy O-face.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    Um...I'd be pretty pissed if DH did that, especially at a time that's supposed to be for family to come together.  Hell, I'd be pissed if a friend did that to me just in an evenign out.  Just b/c he's in a time of mourning doesn't equal complete license to be a jackass.  I probably wouldn't say anything right now, but I would next time.
  • Oh, I definitely said something and he apologized.  He said, "I used to hate texting but for my work friends it's my primary source of communication."  And I understand that, but there are appropriate times for it.  And I'm still a smidge stroppy that he can communication with other friends via text with LONG DRAWN out conversations and ours consist of "yeah" and "okay" and "sure". 

It's a symptom of a larger issue that I feel a bit unjustifiably crazy about (STILL).

• ftrMrs0 said:
    Oh, I definitely said something and he apologized.  He said, "I used to hate texting but for my work friends it's my primary source of communication."  And I understand that, but there are appropriate times for it.  And I'm still a smidge stroppy that he can communication with other friends via text with LONG DRAWN out conversations and ours consist of "yeah" and "okay" and "sure". 

It's a symptom of a larger issue that I feel a bit unjustifiably crazy about (STILL).

But if he's with work people all.day.long and then having long drawn out text conversations on his off time with them, which is infringing on YOUR time with him...that's kinda bullshit, IMO.    
  • Thank you, Conn.  I think that's it exactly.  Do you want to spend time with me or NOT.  I mean, yesterday understandable to a certain extent, you're sharing news with friends, you're commiserating.  I encourage friendship, I encourage connection---but if that connection is causing a disconnect between US?  No.

I think that's it!

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I'm with Conn.  I'm not saying go in fighting, but really, I don't like that YOU feel unjustified in your feelings when I think you're completely justified.  Friends are friends and I get texting, but really, disconnect for awhile.  You've got a real human being in front of you and this one is supposed to be important!

And hey, I'm bad about disconnecting, but I make a concerted effort now to plug in the phone and IPad in the room that's not where I'm sitting with DH, so I don't keep checking it.

ETA:  I think texting used to be this way to have a quick conversation when it wasn't appropriate to take a phone call.  Now it's becoming it's own conversation thing and society appropriateness hasn't caught up.  Now, if it's at at time I wouldn't take a phone call, I don't check the text either.  I can't remember the last time I had a quick "Yes/No" text conversation.
  • Hugs O. 
  • I'm sorry, O.
  • O, sorry for the dickery.

Well tile was purchased yesterday. Now DH and I need to make some decisions on what sort of trim we want to install and purchase a gajillion gallons of paint. I am exhausted tired. DH has issues with sleeping, which is fine, but he refuses to do anything about it and instead stays up until like 2 am each night. This means he's barely able to get out of bed at 7 am. It's irritating the shit out of me because DS begs DH to take him to daycare (and DH agrees to) but they take forever to get out of the house. I slept through my alarm this morning and figured I'd do my workout after they left. Except they didn't leave until like 7:45 am and I needed to get working at 8 am. Insert eyeroll. I am also trying to wean DD from her nighttime feeds. I'm over waking up 2-3 times a night. Unfortunately, it is not going well. At all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards