Chit Chat

First diagnosed case of Ebola in the US

2»

Re: First diagnosed case of Ebola in the US

• jynxiie said:

I am not too concerned yet. Also I thought you only contracted it from mixing bodily fluid? Unless someone is sneezing into my mouth haha.

If those body fluids get into a paper cut or scrape on your arm.

image   image   image

• KPBM89 said:
    lurkergirl said:
    KPBM89 said:
    Eh, I'm not worried about it.  I live in ATL and everyone was freaking out before when the first cases came here.  We have the busiest airport and everyone thought it would become airborne and spread out to everywhere from our airport (not that they were brought into the Jackson-Hartfield, but just that it was so close to it). 
    Hey neighbor!  I live really close to the airport they did use :)
    We're kinda close to it, too.  We're OTP, but in North Fulton (I'm pretty sure that base is Cobb, right?). 
    Yes, it is.  I grew up in Johns Creek (back when we still called it Alpharetta, but also close to Roswell :)
    WAIT is it not called Alpharetta anymore? Or is it something that was once considered part of Alpharetta but is now its own little entity? 

(Sorry I suck I'm a serial threadjacker I get distracted easily I'll go sit in the corner again.)

I'm not too worried about it. I don't have time to worry about Ebola right now; I've got wedding and family drama and work and wanting to move out and my increasingly-strained relationship with my dad and just too much stupid shit to worry about to worry about anything as unnecessary as a disease I'm so unlikely to catch. If FI or my family got it, it'd be a thing. Right now, I'm concerned for the random dude in Texas but I'm not worried about it as it relates to me.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • KPBM89 said:
    lurkergirl said:
    KPBM89 said:
    Eh, I'm not worried about it.  I live in ATL and everyone was freaking out before when the first cases came here.  We have the busiest airport and everyone thought it would become airborne and spread out to everywhere from our airport (not that they were brought into the Jackson-Hartfield, but just that it was so close to it). 
    We're kinda close to it, too.  We're OTP, but in North Fulton (I'm pretty sure that base is Cobb, right?). 
    Yes, it is.  I grew up in Johns Creek (back when we still called it Alpharetta, but also close to Roswell :)
    WAIT is it not called Alpharetta anymore? Or is it something that was once considered part of Alpharetta but is now its own little entity? 

(Sorry I suck I'm a serial threadjacker I get distracted easily I'll go sit in the corner again.)

I'm not too worried about it. I don't have time to worry about Ebola right now; I've got wedding and family drama and work and wanting to move out and my increasingly-strained relationship with my dad and just too much stupid shit to worry about to worry about anything as unnecessary as a disease I'm so unlikely to catch. If FI or my family got it, it'd be a thing. Right now, I'm concerned for the random dude in Texas but I'm not worried about it as it relates to me.
    I'm a fan of thread jacking, personally. Especially because it's not like I need advice about this topic, you know? It's nice when it turns into a discussion that benefits others.

I'm not worried about it. I just think it's really interesting and have always felt like it was someone else's problem in the sense that it has been so far removed from my daily life, which I know is not a flattering image to paint of myself, but it's the truth. And here it is in our country.

• lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    @CaiTDid23 Alpharetta is still there. But, there's an area that used to be an unincorporated part of the county.

Our address was Alpharetta. A few years ago they had a choice to incorporate into Roswell (the area is kind of in between the two) or create a new city, which they did, and the new city is Johns Creek.

There are a bunch of other new cities/newly incorporated cities too. The big thing is they all got their own police and fire departments instead of having to rely on the county.

I live in your most favorite place ever in all of GA ;)

ETA: Sorry for the atrocious grammar.  I can't be held accountable for my writing after 11:00 p.m. :)

• lc07 said:
    KPBM89 said:
    lurkergirl said:
    KPBM89 said:

I'm a fan of thread jacking, personally. Especially because it's not like I need advice about this topic, you know? It's nice when it turns into a discussion that benefits others.

I'm not worried about it. I just think it's really interesting and have always felt like it was someone else's problem in the sense that it has been so far removed from my daily life, which I know is not a flattering image to paint of myself, but it's the truth. And here it is in our country.

Yeah... I mean, frankly, I'm the same way. I mean, I get that it's in the country and I get that it's a deadly huge thing, but it doesn't affect me, and I really don't have any space to worry about stuff that doesn't affect me. I spent years worrying about everything - big things that I can't do jack about, and little things that directly affect me and my day-to-day and it made me sick. So I had to draw a line. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards