Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bachelorette party favors

I'm super excited for my bachelorette party, my MOH has gone above and beyond to plan everything especially since she doesn't know half of the girls invited!  While I plan to get her a thank you gift, do I need to get party favors for everyone attending the bachelorette party?  What is the etiquette for this? (It's out of town so I feel like I should...BUT what would be a good favor that will fit in a carryon suitcase?!)

Re: Bachelorette party favors

• I'm super excited for my bachelorette party, my MOH has gone above and beyond to plan everything especially since she doesn't know half of the girls invited!  While I plan to get her a thank you gift, do I need to get party favors for everyone attending the bachelorette party?  What is the etiquette for this? (It's out of town so I feel like I should...BUT what would be a good favor that will fit in a carryon suitcase?!)

You don't need favors for the bachelorette party.
  • No you do not have to get party favors for everyone attending.

IMO, I just don't get the point of getting a gift for every single person who may have had a small hand in or attended an event in your honor.  A simple "thank you so much for coming" or a "thank you so much for this amazing party" goes a long way.

• Nope. Favors are never necessary and especially not at a bachelorette. Just say thanks to people for coming.
    *********************************************************************************

• Also, if someone wanted to do favors, it would be the host of the party....and since you don't host your own bachelorette, you wouldn't do the favors.

My friends put together an amazing weekend for my bachelorette, got me a great group gift of stuff for the honeymoon, and paid for so much of my food and drinks and everything. I am so thankful. They are all part of my "bridal party" (I use quotes, as I do not have any matching dresses, and no one is walking down the aisle, but they are all invited to the rehearsal dinner, and to get ready with me, and to have pics taken), so I'm getting them more extravagant thank you gifts than I otherwise would for them. 
  • Agree with @MandyMost . If anyone was going to do favors, it would be the host of the party, not you. It's completely unnecessary for the B party on a side note.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards