Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Food question...

Ok, so quick rundown of what we are having. Salad (of course), beans, pulled chicken and pulled pork sliders, and a pasta bar. Heres my question, should I have garlic bread with the pasta bar even though we are having little buns for the sliders??

Re: Food question...

• Options
    Oh I almost forgot my mashed potato bar!!!
  • Options
    wandajune6wandajune6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    This sounds like an awesome menu but very carb-heavy. Garlic bread is nice but unnecessary. I'd instead include more veggies. I have a bunch of people coming to my wedding who don't eat carbs and they'd have a rough time.

ETA: some for dietary preference others because FI's family has a lot of diabetics.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well we r having salad, and beans. As far as why we r having pasta... my 2 year pretty much only eats pasta. I know I am not going to get her to eat pulled pork or chicken. And potatoes she only likes instant sometimes (shes crazy!!) I am not feeding my guests instant mashed potatoes. Haha
  • Options
    We r not having a ton of people at our wedding, mostly friends since none of the out of towners are coming. Well 1 aunt said yes but we will see if she really does come or not. so I know everyone will love what we have.
  • Options
    I'd still consider beans to be a starch (I'm assuming baked beans?).

A salad is good but I'd also suggest something like green beans or even a coleslaw by all of the bbq.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    No not baked beans, green beans. That is the veggie!
  • Options

No not baked beans, green beans. That is the veggie!

I think your good then. I also assumed baked beans.

Anniversary
  • Options
    sounds good to me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I say yes to garlic bread only because I LOVE garlic bread. And would probably build my sandwich of pulled chicken on the garlic bread instead of buns.
  • Options
    Oh yum nikkijay!!! Now I am going to have it so I can make my sandwich like that!
  • Options
    Some minted fruit salad could be a colorful and light addition.
  • Options
    Ok, so quick rundown of what we are having. Salad (of course), beans, pulled chicken and pulled pork sliders, and a pasta bar. Heres my question, should I have garlic bread with the pasta bar even though we are having little buns for the sliders??
    Not sure if this applies to any of your guests, but anyone with gluten sensitivities would only be able to eat the salad, beans, and maybe the mashed potatoes (assuming they are GF).
    Anniversary

• Options
    Nope no one coming has allergies. 1 person is a vegan. But she said dont make me anything special, she said she would feel horrible!
  • Options
    I'd get vegetarian baked beans (not flavored with meat) and make an interesting and flavorful salad by adding other than the usual lettuce, tomato and cucumber combo.  See http://betterhousekeeper.com/2014/06/02/refreshing-watermelon-summer-salad/

Don't need the extra bread, but breadsticks are nice and maybe some flatbread-type crackers.
  • Options
    yeah, most of the people invited are not salad people anyways. really its for a few people that will eat it, my dad, my brother, and my moms vegan friend. its really just gonna be a regular salad. my dad doesnt like different or fancy stuff. 
  • Options
    oh and the beans are green beans. not baked beans. fh or iI do not like baked beans so they are a def no for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards