Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Flawless Bride v. AHB Hair & Makeup

Well, I'm still on the hunt for hair and makeup.  Almost everyone is booked (Just Face It, Two Sisters, Katie Malone/Pixie, Kellie Bode) or too expensive (Get Polished).

I'm down to Flawless Bride and AHB Hair & Makeup. 

Flawless Bride: I've heard terrible things about her being late, but I've also heard great reviews about her being on time and doing a fabulous job. 

AHB: Seems new to the "wedding" part of the industry, though she's done theatrical and movie makeup before.  I haven't really seen any reviews of her out there.

If any of you have recent experience with either of them, please let me know.  I've heard that Heather at Flawless Bride has been much better in the last couple of months, so I'm wondering if she's a risk worth taking.  On the other hand, I know nothing abotu AHB, and so she's a risk too.  Help!

If you have any other hair/makeup suggestions other than those I've mentioned (or those that are booked) please let me know.  I'm almost desperate. :(

Re: Flawless Bride v. AHB Hair & Makeup

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I have Amanda (AHB) and she is super sweet!! She did my hair and makeup for my engagement pictures (as a trial) and I was very very pleased. She came to my house on time and brought everything with her.  She's does airbrush (my first experience with that) and it came out very natural looking.  I can't wait til bridals in a few weeks.  She's very quick to reply and has been one of my favorite vendors to work with thus far.  She really knows her stuff and I think it's helpful that she has the background that she does.  Plus, her prices are very reasonable.  For my wedding, 8 bridesmaids, a flower girl, my mom, and I are all getting hair and makeup, so she's bringing an assistant.  I'm confident we'll all look beautiful.  Good luck in your decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_flawless-bride-v-ahb-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:e72a3f8e-b0eb-4306-a95c-06ef83db9b53Post:f4cd7a48-8edd-4ab4-8064-2a22cf9c6203">Re: Flawless Bride v. AHB Hair & Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have Amanda (AHB) and she is super sweet!! She did my hair and makeup for my engagement pictures (as a trial) and I was very very pleased. She came to my house on time and brought everything with her.  She's does airbrush (my first experience with that) and it came out very natural looking.  I can't wait til bridals in a few weeks.  She's very quick to reply and has been one of my favorite vendors to work with thus far.  She really knows her stuff and I think it's helpful that she has the background that she does.  Plus, her prices are very reasonable.  For my wedding, 8 bridesmaids, a flower girl, my mom, and I are all getting hair and makeup, so she's bringing an assistant.  I'm confident we'll all look beautiful.  Good luck in your decision!
    Posted by kpelli[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you SO much for this.  I needed someone to boost my confidence before booking her.  My gut feeling is to go with her, and I think you may have helped tip the scales.  Thanks!!

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_flawless-bride-v-ahb-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:e72a3f8e-b0eb-4306-a95c-06ef83db9b53Post:7c4a2757-261c-4fa7-b1bc-2f9ffc15538b">Re: Flawless Bride v. AHB Hair & Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have flawless. I actually wanted two sisters and asked them what they thought of flawless, because of all of the bad reviews I had seen, and they told me they knew the owner of flawless, and that she is a good choice. They said the bad reviews happened while she was going through some "personal issues" and while it's not an excuse, that's why there were negative reviews. They assured me everything was good now and that they do a wonderful job. Hope that helps!
    Posted by riceowls13[/QUOTE]

I spoke to the girls at Two Sisters, who were also booked on my day, and they gave me the same advice.  Thanks for telling me!
  • Options
    I'm so glad you started this thread - I am trying to whip together a wedding quickly, so these reviews help a lot.  The only problem I have found is that almost everyone is available (all vendors) on my set date, so I am having a hard time choosing.  I am beginning to wonder if there is a reason other people aren't booking their weddings in the hottest month of the year, right in the middle of hurricane season...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Using ahb was the single worst decision of my wedding. Please do not use them. My hair style wAs down and curly. My curls were horrible and fell out within an hour. Also my makeup was the worst thing I have ever seen. I asked her to redo it and she said there wasn't enough time. I look back at the pictures and can barely look at my face. Yes that bad!!!! Worst part was that she messed up and there was eye shadow on the top of my cheek that showed up as this streak on my face on one side. And under my eyes, she put a color that wAs so light that it was many shades lighter than the rest of my face in all the pictures!!!!!!!!! Looked like I had reflectors on my face! Horrible horrible decision!
  • Options
    We used flawless bride for my wedding last Saturday, and they were great! They were actually early, and all of my bridesmaids were late, but we still finished (even with 14 ladies getting hair & make up done) with the perfect amount of time to spare. Highly recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards