Chit Chat

"B/c we're both kind of assholes so if the rapture really happened we'd get to stay here together"

The odd reasons you love your FI

Re: "B/c we're both kind of assholes so if the rapture really happened we'd get to stay here together"

• The first time we ever hung out on a Sunday night and he turned on the Fox cartoon lineup (Simpsons, whatever other shows were on in 2008) I knew it was destiny. 

He is super impressed that in almost 7 years, I have never farted out loud in front of him.  At least not while I was awake haha :)

• I read some article about how couples who watch movies and TV shows about relationships have better relationships themselves, because it triggers communication about bla bla warm fuzzies. I showed it to DH and he said "fuck that, we watch 24 and Walking Dead so we can kill terrorists and zombies together" and gave me a high five.
    I feel like, if anything, watching those types of shows could actually be really detrimental to a relationship. A lot of the times it turns into wondering why your relationship isn't like the ones in the movies or on TV. "Baby, why don't you ever do that for me?" "Why don't we ever do things like that?" Etc. 

FI and I were talking about camouflage the other day. We both are into hunting and for our anniversary, I got him some waders for duck hunting. I was trying to figure out which ones to get home and I said, "Well they have Max 5 (camouflage pattern) now, but I don't really like it. I looks fake and cartoon-y. I think the Max 4 is better." He looked at me and said, "And that's why I love you."

• emmaaa said:
    I read some article about how couples who watch movies and TV shows about relationships have better relationships themselves, because it triggers communication about bla bla warm fuzzies. I showed it to DH and he said "fuck that, we watch 24 and Walking Dead so we can kill terrorists and zombies together" and gave me a high five.
    I feel like, if anything, watching those types of shows could actually be really detrimental to a relationship. A lot of the times it turns into wondering why your relationship isn't like the ones in the movies or on TV. "Baby, why don't you ever do that for me?" "Why don't we ever do things like that?" Etc. 

FI and I were talking about camouflage the other day. We both are into hunting and for our anniversary, I got him some waders for duck hunting. I was trying to figure out which ones to get home and I said, "Well they have Max 5 (camouflage pattern) now, but I don't really like it. I looks fake and cartoon-y. I think the Max 4 is better." He looked at me and said, "And that's why I love you."
    I feel the same way, that was actually why I showed it to him. 

• Wait, there are TV shows that show actual, healthy/good relationships that people would want to emulate?

Apparently I watch too much reality TV and shows like AHS because I can't think of any.
  • lurkergirl said: NikkiJay3333 said: Wait, there are TV shows that show actual, healthy/good relationships that people would want to emulate?
    Apparently I watch too much reality TV and shows like AHS because I can't think of any. Um Lily and Marshall 4EVA!!  Seriously, that is our #1 TV couple that we relate to.
    Also Jim and Pam.  I liked how the last season actually gave a realistic conflict to their relationship too. 

Someone should start a thread on expectations vs reality of what we thought love would be like before we were
    in love. 

• edited October 2014
    lurkergirl said:
    Wait, there are TV shows that show actual, healthy/good relationships that people would want to emulate?

Apparently I watch too much reality TV and shows like AHS because I can't think of any.
    Um Lily and Marshall 4EVA!!  Seriously, that is our #1 TV couple that we relate to.
    Also Jim and Pam.  I liked how the last season actually gave a realistic conflict to their relationship too. 

Someone should start a thread on expectations vs reality of what we thought love would be like before we were in love.  DAMMIT DISAPPEARING QUOTE BOXES!
    http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6991799/what-you-think-relationships-are-like-when-youre-single 

• edited October 2014
    I'm not sure it's odd but I love how different V is. Not like in the hispter sense but in his approach and his feelings. It's hard to example but I feel like we are both different to a lot of people and we don't have to explan ourselves to each other. Man that sounds sappy ha. ETA: Can't spell today
  • I like how he looks like a complete nerd with his glasses on before going to bed (and he sometimes wears his retainer) and the next day he looks like this beautiful preppy Ralph Lauren model going to work. Got some Clark Kent/Superman thing going on here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think falling for my FI was a done deal when my dog got a nasty ear infection and FI volunteered to clean his gross gooey ear out without me even mentioning it. Then he did it without one single complaint. Then he sat on the floor and comforted my dog.
  • The day after we met, I told H I liked his hat. He gave it to me. He is an extremely generous person and I love that about him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I love how my FI is a grumpy gus to those who don't know him but at home, he is the absolute complete opposite. He's warm, funny, considerate, loving...I could go on and on. 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The first time I brought h back to my place when we were dating and he met my dearly departed kitty for the first time h decided that the first thing on his agenda was to get kitty to like him. So he spent a good portion of the night playing with my cat. Actually h is the first guy I ever dated that that kitty liked.
  • When FI understood the Lord of the Rings references I made on our first date I knew he was the one. Especially when he fired back with an equally nerdy reference.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• When he was trying to woo me, he listened to all 7 Harry Potter books on tape because I told him they were awesome.  He knew I loved them and he wanted to be able to share that with me.  Then he invited me over to watch each Harry Potter movie together.  

• When FI and first met in college, one night during that first week, he stayed up with me all night with me playing the ouija board in one of the rec rooms at our dorms. He asked it if we were meant to be and it said Yes. I knew right there that of a guy could be creepy and weird like me, he was The One <3
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• wandajune6 now you can't be mad at him anymore. You just said so much awesome stuff! He sounds very sweet :)
  • We don't really watch any shows that center around a couple's relationship. Well, maybe Bob's Burgers. We have agreed that we want our hypothetical future children to be like the Belcher kids. The only other show we watch that I can think of where we make commentary on relationships is fucking House Hunters and how we are not irritating fuckers like most of those people.

The first time FI and I hung out, we took his motorcycle out to the seacoast. We got stuck in onboxious rubbernecking traffic caused by idiots gawking at a traffic camera that the local news station had set up. That was literally it.

However, his bike burned out a solenoid because it was a million degrees and we were in stop-and-go traffic. We parked the bike and proceeded to find a place to drink and shoot the shit while we waited for his friend to come get us and the bike. 

I was impressed by how he didn't pick the bike up and throw it into the fucking ocean like I would have wanted to if I was him. He told some of his work buddies that he was impressed that the bike situation didn't bother me and that I still made it a point to have a good time while we were there.

The next time we hung out, we got dinner, went to his house and banged a few times. Class acts, both of us. Together ever since.

His mom has said a few times that I broke him out of his shell. He and I were talking about it the other day, and we agreed that our changes throughout the relationship are best described as 'osmosis'. I transferred some of my obnoxious immature weirdness to him, and he passed some of his grown-up, introspective being-able-to-handle-things-ness to me, and we balanced each other out.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @oxfordcomma14 that's fucking awesome!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    @oxfordcomma14 that's fucking awesome!
    I agree. Epic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards