Wedding Reception Forum

Napkins.

So, I have been tossing the idea around in my head about what to do with our luncheon napkins/beverage napkins.

I want to get them personalized but we are having a pretty decent sized wedding and to do that plus shipping costs an arm and a leg. 

So, then I saw where you could get an embosser with your monogram and emboss napkins... but that would be a lot of labor and tediousness that I don't know if I have the time or willpower to deal with...

What do you guys think if I just have a solid color napkin? We are having a country rustic wedding, as I grew up on a farm and that is part of who I am... so our colors are turquoise mixed with basic fall colors. I was think about doing just plain turquoise napkins.

Your advice would be appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Re: Napkins.

• Yes to plain napkins! No one will ever remember what napkins you had. Plus, paper napkins will just get thrown away. Save your money :-)
  • Solid colors are perfect!  Don't waste your money on something someone is going to wipe their mouth with.  
  • Country rustic and plain napkins are the better combination. 
  • I have no clue what our napkins looked like. I think they were just white from the venue. That's how much anyone will care.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Mine were solid royal blue and people whipped their dirty mouths on them and left them on the table. Don't waste your money!
  • Plain napkins rule!
  • I can't remember the last time I saw the couple's names on a napkin. The 80s, maybe?

Skip it and put the money toward something else. :)
  • Plain napkins are more than fine.  Also, for rustic, you could do the brown ones with some texture to them since they contain recycled fiber.  I personally like fall colors the way they are--sort of natural and understated.  The brown could be less expensive than turquoise, but not that plain napkins cost that much anyway.
  • People will not care in the slightest what your napkins look like. Not everything needs to fit a theme or a scheme or be personalized. Don't waste your money.

• CTYankeeBrideCTYankeeBride member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    We have plain black and plain gold paper napkins that my mother bought because they were on clearance for like .25 a pack and thought they might look nice on the bar.  I'm going to put them out in stacks on the bar and leave it at that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your advice. I feel so much better about leaning towards the plain napkins now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Every weekend for the last 2 months I have worked a wedding.   Every wedding except last night had napkins.   They were NOT missed at all last night.  We just used our standard cocktail napkins which was zero cost to the couple.   

The ones who did have personalized napkins and BOXES that were never used.   I do not know what they were going to do with hundreds of cocktail napkins with a name and date on them.

My mom surprised us with napkins.  She was at least smart enough to just put our names. Not the date, nothing about the wedding.  Just a starfish and our names.    6 years later we are still using the leftovers.

If you really want napkins get just plain ones or make them neutral enough you can use them in the future.  Otherwise IMO, they are just a waste.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards