Delaware

Where to start in planning a very small DE beach wedding? Help please!

HI Knotties,

I was a Nov 2010 DW Knottie bride. :)

I'm currently trying to help my sister plan a very small (very quick) DW at a beach in the DE/MD/NJ area. 

Not really sure where to start though. I've done a couple of google searches, but it's kind of overwhelming. There will only be the bride, groom, and 8 guests. 

Tried to do a Knot search for earlier posts about this, but it doesn't seem to be working very well. 

Can anyone help? 

Thanks so much and congratulations to you all! :)

Natalie

Re: Where to start in planning a very small DE beach wedding? Help please!

• They can try Cape Henlopen if they want to be right on the beach.  They have pavilions.
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I went to a wedding in Lewes, on the beach. Most of the DE beaches are state parks, technically, so it would probably be a good idea to start there.  Maybe contact someone at  DE State Parks, and they should be able to help. 
  • Thank you both for the suggestions! I'll start there. Thanks again!
  • I had my wedding on Rehoboth Beach last September.  It cost $75 (I think or less) for the permit and there are little to no restrictions on what you can and can't do.  We looked at Cape Henlopen but they restrict the location to one place and the walk out to the beach was very long and difficult.  I know Lewes, Bethany and Dewey all allow beach weddings too but have some strict restrictions.

If you need more info just let me know.   We loved our beach wedding and the freedom that Rehoboth gave to us.  We actually had a little over a hundred guests so the 10 or so people you are talking about will be very easy to accommodate.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_where-to-start-in-planning-a-very-small-de-beach-wedding-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:37fbd35e-d819-453f-b99b-15f093cda406Post:e941d868-4872-41de-b690-1618838c27cc">Where to start in planning a very small DE beach wedding? Help please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]HI Knotties, I was a Nov 2010 DW Knottie bride. :) I'm currently trying to help my sister plan a very small (very quick) DW at a beach in the DE/MD/NJ area.  Not really sure where to start though. I've done a couple of google searches, but it's kind of overwhelming. There will only be the bride, groom, and 8 guests.  Tried to do a Knot search for earlier posts about this, but it doesn't seem to be working very well.  Can anyone help?  Thanks so much and congratulations to you all! :) Natalie
    Posted by natalie0131[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>"I Do" Wedding Ceremonies could marry your sister check out the website</div><div>idoyourwedding.webs.com

</div>
  • @chemlady2011‌ could you give me some more information on the rehoboth wedding.
  • hisfuture2015hisfuture2015 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2014
    You can try contacting my planner. She is really good and offers free consultations and works with budgets. She could probably help locate a venue and be done!

Www.Facebook. com/smythplanning

Smythplanning@gmail.com
  • Where did you host your reception @chemlady2011‌ ?
  • Please do not bump old threads

-closed-

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards