Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon booked! St Martin

DH and I have booked our flights to St Martin. We have a condo on the beach at Grand Case for 10 days! I'm starting to research activities and such, any recommendations?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Honeymoon booked! St Martin

• Congrats!

I had fun browsing the shops in Phillipsburg, but my absolute fav part of the trip was taking the ferry to Anguilla. The beaches there are A-MAZING!!!

• Also check out the party boats on the Dutch side. Lots of fun for a snorkel trip. Food in grand case is expensive but amazing. Food is more reasonable on the Dutch side. Check out the drag show at Cheri's cafe in Maho. Super fun. Favorite beach is Baie Rouge and if you can find someone to take you to Tintamarre it's a fab beach that most people don't know about, For scuba diving go to Ocean Explorers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They have a buttterfly farm/exhibit that was pretty neat. It isn't huge, but I really enjoyed it (and I'm usually more of an adventure girl).
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Maho Beach is a cool experience, even though it's not the nicest beach. It is right across from the airport so planes are flying super close over your head. My H (BF at the time we were there) is an airplane geek and was obsessed.
  • Excellent! Thank you all :) We read about a glass-bottomed boat we plan to try and fit in as well, and a restaurant on the Dutch side called the Stone Restaurant. We saw videos of the planes coming down over the beach and my husband is all excited about that, and I'm pushing for the butterfly farm. I get the feeling we're not going to want to leave :)
  • Maho Beach is a cool experience, even though it's not the nicest beach. It is right across from the airport so planes are flying super close over your head. My H (BF at the time we were there) is an airplane geek and was obsessed.
    This was fun.  Get the plane schedule online ahead of time so you can find out when the big planes come in so you can plan your arrival if you don't want to spend hours there.
  • Yeah, Maho Beach is fun for 30-45 minutes...  The big planes come in between 1-3 if I remember correctly, those are the fun ones to be there for.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I may or may not have spent a whole afternoon there getting free drinks

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I've been to St. Martin twice. My absolute favorite activity was sailing with http://12metre.com/ They take you out on former America's Cup yachts with sailing instructors and let you race the boats. You tell them your activity level and they find you a job, whether it be main grinder or bar keeper. So much fun!
  • omg! have soooo much fun :) my H and I also honeymooned in St. Martin. Grand Case was our absolute favorite place to dine. We had some seriously fabulous french meals there....you can't go wrong. Honestly we enjoyed the french side a lot more than the dutch side. It was way more laid back and less touristy. One of our favorite places to go was Loterie farms. It isnt very far from Grand Case actually. It's a tree house restaurant/lounge. It also has this amazing stone all natural spring water fed pool with cabanas you can rent for the day. Seriously the most amazing place I've ever been! you guys will have a blast!
  • Excellent, thanks for thé tip! That's one I hadn't heard of. I admit, I'm getting excited!
  • LOVE THIS PLACE GO SHOPPING ... Beaches UGH loved it :)
  • I strongly second Loterie Farm!  We had a fantastic day there right after we got engaged.  AMAZING!
  • Ohh we are going here too. When are you going? We are staying at little divi bay
  • If you go shopping in Phillipsburg, make sure you stop at the Belgian Chocolate Box. Beatrix has exquisite looking and tasting chocolates. After shopping, take a break on the beach. You can rent 2 loungers and an umbrella for $10. Buy a bucket of beer and some barbecue from one of the boardwalk cafes and enjoy wading in the turquoise water. I love St. Maarten.

• We're going in two weeks, and we rented a condo right on the beach in Grand Case. I can't wait! I think in my brain I'm already there :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards