Louisiana-New Orleans

Transportation help!

We need to get the entire bridal party from the hotel to the venue separately, so they would have to take 2 trips around 6:00PM. Then we don't need transportation again until 10:30PM from the venue, back to the hotel. The trip back to the hotel, the entire bridal party can ride together. Any suggestions on how to hire transportation? I don't want to hire someone to sit and wait during the entire ceremony and reception. Who are you using for transportation and how are you configuring it?

Re: Transportation help!

• We used Limousine Livery to transport the wedding party from the hotel to the venue.  We just did this one way trip (i.e. point to point) as we were going to be riding back with the guests at the end of the night in mini-buses which we hired via Big Easy Limos.  

We just hired a passenger van for the wedding party trip as we had already done first look, etc. by the time we were heading to the venue.  They have other options, though, depending on what you are looking for.

I'd call both Limousine Livery and Big Easy Limos to get quotes.  You'll want to ask for a point to point delivery (as opposed to round trip) so they'll know not to charge you for waiting around.  We had an amazing experience with Big Easy Limos (they even swapped out our mini buses for party limos on the return trip at the end of the night).  Limousine Livery also good although our driver (the lovliest man) was a bit late to pick up the wedding party at the hotel and he let us know our original driver had gotten stuck on another run and he had been pulled in at the last minute (and was new to the city with no GPS).  Thankfully we had time to spare and we all pulled out our cell phones to map the directions for him :)

dml
  • My brother and sister-in-law used Big Easy Limo for the bridal party & groom's party and loved them. 
    They also had Cajun Encounters run guests from the hotel in the FQ to the venue (Elms Mansion).   They have small and large busses, so they might be able to work something out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards