Registry and Gift Forum

Honeymoon fund/gift

We are travelling to Las Vegas from the uk and having a party to celebrate on our return back home. Our close family are traveling to Las Vegas with us so this won't be much alone time for us newly weds. Instead of a gift list for our guests back in the uk we would like money towards a honeymoon together, do you think this is rude or asking for too much as we are travelling for the wedding? My mum thinks that we cannot ask for this. Thanks for your thoughts x
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon fund/gift

• Asking for cash or setting up a cash registry is rude. Either do not have a gift registry or just do a small one. Your guests will get the hint that cash is appreciated. 

Hope you have a fun Vegas wedding. DH & I had our wedding there. 
  • We are travelling to Las Vegas from the uk and having a party to celebrate on our return back home. Our close family are traveling to Las Vegas with us so this won't be much alone time for us newly weds. Instead of a gift list for our guests back in the uk we would like money towards a honeymoon together, do you think this is rude or asking for too much as we are travelling for the wedding? My mum thinks that we cannot ask for this. Thanks for your thoughts x
    Your mom is right. If you don't have a registry, your guests will likely give you cash. Use that toward your honeymoon. It's rude to outright ask for money, no matter what it's going to be used for. 

To the bolded, not everyone gets a honeymoon, so this isn't a good reason to try and ask for this. 

• Agree with PPs.  Asking for cash is rude.
  • Cash registries, gift card registries and honeymoon registries are all rude. Just so no.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards