Chit Chat
Options

Halloween Makeup Help

I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't celebrated Halloween in.. almost a decade. 

Well, this year I'm dressing up twice with face paint and I need help, please! 

What do you paint your face with that won't smear? I'll be taking pictures with a DSLR camera and holding it up to my face and obviously don't want to smear my makeup/face paint.

TIA!

Re: Halloween Makeup Help

• Options
    What are you dressing up as?

• Options
    I am going to be a cat. Slightly boring, I know.. but I'm working so don't want to do anything crazy.
  • Options
    No matter what make-up you use, the brand Urban Decay makes an awesome make-up setting mist. You just mist your face with it when you're done applying the make-up and it keeps that stuff in place like nobody's business!
  • Options
    Like the Cheshire cat? Because this is kind of awesome:
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    No matter what make-up you use, the brand Urban Decay makes an awesome make-up setting mist. You just mist your face with it when you're done applying the make-up and it keeps that stuff in place like nobody's business!
    Urban Decay is my favorite.

• Options
    Or grumpy cat?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    lc07 said:
    I am going to be a cat. Slightly boring, I know.. but I'm working so don't want to do anything crazy.
    You can literally just take brown eyeliner then and color in the tip of your nose and draw whiskers, no need for face paint or to go crazy.  Anything waterproof will hold up well.

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Or grumpy cat?
    I just choked on nothing. This is hysterical.

ETA: I feel like you'd have to have the cat with you to make this work. So funny.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Urban Decay is my favorite.

SIB! 
    Mine too! They have so many awesome life-saving products. Their eye-shadow primer is so amazing. 
  • Options
    If you want actual stage make-up, Ben Nye is nice and not super expensive. Apply to a clean face and set with powder (plain ol baby powder or talc will do). Remove with cold cream.
  • Options
    If you want actual stage make-up, Ben Nye is nice and not super expensive. Apply to a clean face and set with powder (plain ol baby powder or talc will do). Remove with cold cream.
    I second all this. Don't ask me how I know. 

If you read the "worst boyfriends" thread, you already know...

• Options
    Why are you embarrassed that you haven't celebrated Halloween in a decade? Why would that be a source of embarrassment? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Why are you embarrassed that you haven't celebrated Halloween in a decade? Why would that be a source of embarrassment? 
    Because Halloween is awesome and I've been a boring fuddy-duddy not participating. 
  • Options
    Sorry I'm not much help with brands of make-up, but here are some different styles/looks:

• Options
    That totally depends on how you're doing your makeup. I once was one of the aliens for Avatar, and I mixed normal blue face paint with waterproof eyeliner (the sephora brand stuff that comes in a little tub) which made something thick and REALLY REALLY long lasting.  It took a while to wash off my face, but it looked insane.  

For the nose/whiskers, definitely grab a tub of black waterproof eyeliner, I prefer sephora's brand.  For all over paint, I'm honestly not super picky because I'm broke, BUT I have this insanely beast primer from Too Faced which comes in a stick, you rub it directly on your face, and nothing is moving anywhere.  Then I have the Urban Decay spray recommended by PP's.  So even if my face makeup itself isn't too long-lasting, the primer and spray MAKE it long-lasting. 

I prefer to splurge on the primer and spray rather than the foundation because I can use it daily and with any products because they're colorless, but when you buy a foundation or face paint etc. that's your one color.  
  • Options
    Thank you guys!! 

And Doey, I can't watch that video because that cat face is FREAKING SCARY.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards