Michigan-Northern

Ceremony Ideas for Marquette?

My fiance and I are planning a wedding in Marquette, MI for summer 2015. Neither of us are very religious and would feel weird getting married in a church.  What are some good spots that can accommodate about 150-180 people.  The majority of our guests will be from out of town so they will most likely all be going to the ceremony. 
I would love to do something outdoors, but I would need a back up plan in case of bad weather.  

Please help!  

Re: Ceremony Ideas for Marquette?

• I know this is a zombie thread but it's still relevant!! 

At presque isle there is that shell that people get married at all the time. You could also go to the beach!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi! We're also in Marquette, doing our ceremony and reception at Belsolda Farm on Mangum Road. Their orchard is amazing.  If it rains, they have a tent and a barn.  I also looked at renting St. Paul's Episcopal.  They rent the church and let non-clergy people perform ceremonies in it. The history museum also has a cool atrium that would be neat. And I've been to a few weddings where they do the ceremony in the Sky Room at the landmark, and the reception downstairs.  Hope that's helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards