Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Any ideas for lines under my eyes?

I did a makeup trial and the guy used such heavy makeup that I feel like the lines under my eyes were SUPER exaggerated..(normally i wear very light makeup so I don't have that problem). Also, my mom says I need heavier makeup for the photos.

Is there any way to get coverage, without making your wrinkles look so bad?

Re: Any ideas for lines under my eyes?

• In my experience different foundations definitely sit on your skin differently. I would request another foundation or possibly go with a medium-full coverage BB Cream/Tinted moisturizer. Something that won’t settle into the fine lines quite so much. MAC face and body is a really good *thin* foundation that I find doesn’t settle into “lines”.

• Thanks for the advice!
  • Get some Benefit POREfessional primer and try it out under your eyes. It's good for that and minimizing the appearance of pores. Then makeup on top.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Try a different primer. I love Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It makes my skin look naturally luminous and makes the makeup stay all day! Also, try a different concealer. Some wedding makeup artists love the powder based makeup like Bare Minerals. If you have lines, the powder will cake inside of them over time (sometimes as quickly as half an hour). Try using a quality liquid concealer. I really like Mac Pro Longwear, and I dust a little bit of Mac Skinfinish Natural over top. No lines!
  • Make sure that your under-eye skin is very hydrated. If the skin is dry, makeup with look thick and exaggerate lines. If you aren't using an eye cream, start! Clinique All about eyes is a good one. Also Roc for sensitive eyes.
  • Make sure that your under-eye skin is very hydrated. If the skin is dry, makeup with look thick and exaggerate lines. If you aren't using an eye cream, start! Clinique All about eyes is a good one. Also Roc for sensitive eyes.

I second this.  A good eye cream will do wonders for your undereyes.  I recommend the Olay Eye Cream, and my all time favorite is the Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream.  Both are equally as effective, can be worn under makeup and really make a difference.  2 good concealers for under the eyes are MAC prolongwear concealer and NARS radiant creamy concealer.  Both are very hydrating and stay put all day.
  • maybe try an eye cream to help improve the wrinkles? They are not a miracle cure but temporarily fill in the lines, just what you need for a big event like a wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards