Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Any makeup tips?

I'm going to be doing my own makeup for my wedding. I'm going shopping this weekend and would like to pick up some new products to try. Please keep in mind I generally don't wear makeup at all... or will occasionally do "Bare Minerals" and some eyeliner/mascara/eyeshadow and lip gloss when going somewhere special or when I have the time. I was hoping to find a good foundation that will help smooth things out and make me look fab in pictures. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Re: Any makeup tips?

• I am a BIG fan of Urban Decay. Also Clinique.

If you need light coverage, Clinique moisture surge tinted moisturizer is a good one.

Heavier coverage? Urban Decay Naked Foundation.

Also, big big big recommender of Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray. You can usually get samples at Sephora.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Sweet! Thank you! :)

• PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I second the UD setting spray!!! Use an eye shadow primer to keep your eye makeup in place all day. I have one by urban decay. It just acts as a base/glue that holds the shadows in place. I've read that foundations with SPF can make you appear washed out in photos so I've picked one that doesn't have SPF. It's a brand called Make Up Forever HD foundation, Sephora has it. Have fun shopping!
  • Thank you guys! I'll be checking urban decay out!

• I was told by a makeup artist that Urban Decay is made for photography and will make your skin look the best for photos!
  • Yes you need the setting spray by Urban Decay.

They're naked pallets are nice for eye shadow too.  The eye shadow primer too - its a little purple potion bottle. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jynxiie said:
    Yes you need the setting spray by Urban Decay.

They're naked pallets are nice for eye shadow too.  The eye shadow primer too - its a little purple potion bottle. 
    Ooooh, yeah, seconding the recommendation of a naked palette! I have Naked 2 that I use all the time -- they're great neutrals that you can do a variety of looks with that are really good quality shadows AND you get a double-ended brush. Each one is a different shade range -- taupes, bronzes, or roses. Swatch them on your arm to see which tones work best with what you want to do and with your skin tone. They're pricey, but definitely worth it. 
  • Go to Sephora or your local high-end department store to have your makeup done, the makeup artist can suggest exactly the right products you need for your skin type and also a big event!
  • Thanks so much guys! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards