Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Catering Mother in law vs. Restaurant

2»

Re: Catering Mother in law vs. Restaurant

• Options
    adk19 said:
    beethery said:
    The only time I have ever seen a restaurant allow outside food in is when I was a toddler and wouldn't eat the food at the chinese restaurant. My family knew the owners of the restaurant, and I was allowed to bring my happy meals in.
    Well, and we've brought homemade cookies and grocery store cupcakes into the bar when celebrating birthdays.  But we're locals at this bar, and the waiters and bartenders like chocolate chip cookies.
    Desserts are different.  Typically when celebrating a birthday restaurants will allow you to bring in a cake or cupcakes (of course you want to call and ask first).  But as far as entrees and appetizers, not so much.

• Options
    I think people attending weddings as wedding party members or guests shouldn't "work" them regardless of how qualified they are to do the work and how much they love it (with an exception for officiants). So I wouldn't have your FMIL cater your reception. Thank her profusely for her offer but tell her that you'll hire someone else so she can enjoy herself.
  • Options
    Perhaps you can ask her to cook for the RD instead of the wedding. She obviously wants to make a significant contribution and that would be a great way to allow her to help, but also allow her to attend her sons wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards