Georgia-Savannah
Options

Eloping/Small Wedding

My fiancé and I are recently engaged, and seriously considering Savannah for our wedding.
Right now we are looking into having a wedding with just us and our parents.

I'm currently looking into B&B elopement packages. Mainly Forsyth Park Inn and The Presidents' Quarters. Has anyone had their wedding, know of anyone or attended a wedding at either location?

We are also considering getting married in a square, and then going out to dinner after. I have seen the Gazebo Weddings of Savannah. Has anyone dealt with them for their weddings?

We don't want to spend a lot, since we're trying to buy a house as well.
If anyone has any suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Eloping/Small Wedding

• Options
    My husband and I are planning a vow renewal in Savannah and are trying to spend as little as possible.  The least expensive option Ive found for 50 people is a ceremony at Forsyth Park and 2 hour reception on the Savannah River Boat.  It wasn't anything I had even considered, but with the dj included and an affordable meal price it may be what we go with! Im not finding may other options for dinner/dancing under $5k 
  • Options
    You can do dinner and dancing for under $5K at 10 Downing.
    OP, if you like those two inns, I'd pick President's Quarters. I believe that is the prettier inn and is in a beautiful square that isn't as busy as Forsyth Park. Just keep in mind that permits are required for squares. Some inns will tell you they are not needed for an elopement, but a wedding with a permit could be planned for your square and security will remove you from the area for that time block if you are not the permit holder.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for the info.
    We're going to be in Savannah in about a month or so, and will definitely be checking a few places out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards