Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/ Daughter Dance Songs

My dad is a HUGE Credence Clearwater Revival fan and I am trying to find a song of theirs- or something around that genre.

# 1- No to Butterfly Kisses, Just Fishin, My Wish or My Girl ( I just went to a wedding and the father/daughter had that be their song)

TIA!

Haley

Re: Father/ Daughter Dance Songs

• Just pick a CCR song that you and your dad both love. My dad loves the Dropkick Murphys so we're dancing to "Forever" even though it is a love song. You don't have to pick a song that is super specific "father-daughter" lyrics (ie. Butterfly Kisses) for it to be special for you and your dad.
  • My father and I are dancing to  Krystal Keith Daddy dance with me.  Its a country song but its really pretty. I let my dad hear it and he already started tearing up and said he really liked it a lot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with @ethelbeavers to just pick a CCR song that your dad loves ... and you at least like :-)
    Your dad will love that you KNOW him.  It really can be anything, and if you have a DJ/MC ... and you feel the need to clarify it, go for it "Here's a special song that reminds  __bride__  of lots of fun times with her dad ... and his love of CCR!"  Seriously - any song.  Not too many CCR songs are traditional slow songs, but that CCR mid-tempo beat should work fine.  (Here is one about Daddy, btw)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_CINAyjIr0

Another rock group that was popular at the same time was Rolling Stones, and they also are short on the appropriate ballads ... but, She's a Rainbow might do it.  Have a listen

• Thank you guys so much!!!
  • My dad is a huge classic rock fan and I thought he was going to want something from Moody Blues or some band from around that time.  I decided to let him pick the song and he chose "The Way You Look Tonight" by Harry Connick Jr.  Totally didn't see that coming! Try to include him in picking a song- he might have other ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards