Massachusetts-Boston

Boston Public Library + other venues

Hey folks, just a head's up: today's Boston Globe has several stories about the Boston Public Library (BPL) venue. It includes costs. 

{edited to fix links that broke the page....sorry}

[QUOTE]Based on four-hour occupancy, room rental fees run from $4,200 for the Popular Reading Room (where most sit-down dinners are held), to $14,700 for the entire second floor of McKim, including Bates Hall, the cavernous room with the elegant, barrel-arched ceiling and busts of famous authors and Bostonians....Add on food, beverage, and equipment rental costs of $165 to $300 per person - charged by The Catered Affair, which holds an exclusive catering contract with the library and operates an onsite kitchen and planning office - and the final tab, even before the band gets its check, can run well into the high five figures.[/QUOTE]

Photos of other unique Boston area venues:

There is also a discussion forming around other unique local spots. Add your ideas if you have them. 

Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

Re: Boston Public Library + other venues

• edited December 2011
    I loved the BPL, but their prices were too high.  They quoted us at $40k just for room rentals and food and beverage.

It's a georgous venue, but you have to be willing/able to afford it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the BPL too, we almost actually went with it, but i didnt like how the dance floor would be in a separate room from where dinner was. Its so unique and beautiful though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards