Outdoor Weddings
Options

Questions to ask if having wedding at a park

So my fiance and I are having a wedding on a budget, and one of the best ways to stay in our budget is having it at a park. We've found a couple really nice and affordable ones. I was curious what questions I should ask them when thinking about booking. For example, the amount of guests it can hold, parking, bathrooms, alcohol permit, etc etc. 

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Questions to ask if having wedding at a park

• Options
    If your wedding will be after dusk, if the bathrooms are lit.
  • Options
    thchurn said:
    So my fiance and I are having a wedding on a budget, and one of the best ways to stay in our budget is having it at a park. We've found a couple really nice and affordable ones. I was curious what questions I should ask them when thinking about booking. For example, the amount of guests it can hold, parking, bathrooms, alcohol permit, etc etc. 

Thanks in advance :)
    You will want to make sure they can provide enough chairs for every guest.  You will want to ask about their sound system.  What type of food will you be serving?  Is electricity available?  Do you want a dance floor? Are there enough garbage receptacles?   Do they have any sheltered areas?  What is your plan if you have inclement weather the day of your wedding?
  • Options
    In addition to what was already noted...
    Do they have a "closing" time?  
    What type of restrictions do they have?
    Will the park continue to be open to the public?

Just make sure you have a plan B in case of inclement weather.

• Options
    - Is there a shelter? (This is your Plan B - as long as said shelter can house all your guests.)
    - How often are the bathrooms cleaned? Will they be cleaned the day of the wedding?
    - Is there electrical? Is it functional?
    - Is there a potable water source? Is it functional at the time of year you're getting married?
    - Can you use and move picnic tables? 
    - Can you block off your area? If so, what methods are ok? Does it cost extra?
    - Is there a noise ordinance? What is it/when does it start?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Clean up...do you have to take out the bags or can you leave them somewhere?  

Alcohol--allowed--parks in my hometown do not allow it.  

Exclusivity--what part of the park do you have, and is it only yours?  Or will other people be there?  
    Set up.  What time can you start setting up?  What time must breakdown be complete?

Is the parking adequate?  If not, can people park on grass?

And don't forget to get event insurance.
  • Options
    These are great! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards