Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Covering Wounds?

I am in a friend's wedding this week and a week ago I had a laceration to my eye. It is still healing and is currently just scabbed over right now. Obviously makeup directly on the cut is probably not a good idea... 

Anyone have any tips on how to camouflage or cover up the wound? 
Anniversary

Re: Covering Wounds?

• Options
    Sunglasses?

But really, since makeup is a no-no then there isn't much you can do to cover it up.

• Options
    I just wasn't sure about special band-aids that had a surface that makeup could be applied to. Guess I'll just have to deal with it. I suppose if the bride really wants to, she can have the pictures photoshopped. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I just wasn't sure about special band-aids that had a surface that makeup could be applied to. Guess I'll just have to deal with it. I suppose if the bride really wants to, she can have the pictures photoshopped. 
    The bride shouldn't care that much about your small wound to have them photo shopped.  I am not sure how large of an area this wound covers but it will most likely not be noticeable in pictures unless the photographer takes super up close pictures.

• Options
    You're most likely right. Most people don't notice it until they are right up close in front of me. It's about a 1.5" laceration. I am probably making a bigger deal of it than it really is. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh that is a tiny area.  Once your hair and makeup are done and even though that small area won't be covered up by makeup, since the rest of you will I doubt anyone will notice it.  And in a week it will probably look even better then it does now.  

And if you are still a little self conscious about it, in pictures you could just slyly position yourself so that eye is facing away from the camera :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards