October 2014 Weddings
Options

Tipping

Hey fellow October brides!

So my wedding is Friday, and I'm trying to set aside tips now.  The advice I'm seeing from TK, Martha Stewart, and Wedding Paper Divas (aka the three websites I have open right now / top Google search results) is a little surprising... basically says everything is optional.  What did you all do/what do you plan on doing?

Our vendors are...
- Officiant - not planning to tip, works independently and charges a higher fee
- Photographer - works as part of a studio, so I'm thinking we'll give her at least $50 but maybe more if it she is amazing
- DJ - also works through a larger group, so I'm thinking anywhere from $50 - 150... probably $100
- On site coordinator - thinking probably $50
- Other service staff at site - currently waiting for a response on if their service charge is a gratuity that gets distributed or not
- Florist - owns her business, and really unclear on if I should tip or not
- Baker - two sisters that own their business, and really unclear on if I should tip or not

Re: Tipping

• Options
    Okay, so I just saw the other thread about this from a few days ago.  My bad!  I thought I was up on the recent posts in here but guess not!  

Additional thoughts are appreciated from anyone that didn't comment before, or that has new thoughts since they commented on the other thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards