Attire & Accessories Forum

YesMyBride.com review?

Hello everyone! I think I have officially found my wedding gown! It's perfect and EVERYTHING I've been looking for in a dress! Every other dress literally pales in comparison. Thing is, I found it online (YesMyBride.com). I am trying to see if I can find it in a local dress shop around me, but so far no luck. If I am unable to find it in a store around here, I am just going to order it from the website. I know it is a no-no to buy your wedding gown online, but I HAVE to have this dress! It's PERFECT! 
I tried finding reviews for the website, but was unable to find any. So my question to all of us is, have any of you ever dealt with YesMyBride.com?
And if so, how was your experience with them? (Customer service, quality of what you ordered, did your purchase match the picture? Etc, etc?) If someone could give me some insight on this company, that would help me oodles! Thanks everyone!
359 days! <3

Re: YesMyBride.com review?

• DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

We bought bridesmaid dresses from this company and they were not the same color as each other and did not match the color swatch we provided to them. In return they said they could only offer us a 70% refund. On their website it states 100% satisfaction guaranteed, however we are not satisfied. Since they are not willing to give us a 100% refund they should change their website to say 70% satisfaction guaranteed. They have not offered to redo the dresses that THEY messed up on. This is a huge inconvenience and we will be doing business with another vendor. This company is very unprofessional.  

• Australia13Australia13 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Do NOT BUY ANYTHING from this Company.  Their website makes all the dresses look gorgeous, but it seems that they use designer pictures and then try to make a knock-up of the dress.  We ordered a dress from the website and I am fighting to get my money back.  They admitted the dress was "no good" and yet are still charging me a fee eventhough it is not what we ordered. 

My friends went and got their exact measurements done and their dresses ordered from this website do not event fit.  The material is not luxury and the color is OFF - ENTIRELY.  My dress color, cut, size and shape was completely wrong.  In addition, part of the material was ripped and a wire was cutting into my collar bone.  None of the dresses we ordered matched. 

I have tried to return the dress to the company and they do not even provide an address where which to mail the dress in return.  I would not trust this company to work with.  Best to get dresses somewhere else.  Heck, David's bridal would have been better than the dress I received.

I agree with the previous post that this comany is highly unprofessional, does not produce what they advertise, and is not to be trusted. Very Unhappy Bridesmaid
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_yesmybridecom-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1657a0a7-f1ab-4e2e-b107-79224fd38db6Post:73e76935-0e37-4b10-adea-75b89b343927">Re: YesMyBride.com review?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do NOT BUY ANYTHING from this Company.  Their website makes all the dresses look gorgeous, but it seems that they use designer pictures and then try to make a knock-up of the dress.  We ordered a dress from the website and I am fighting to get my money back.  They admitted the dress was "no good" and yet are still charging me a fee eventhough it is not what we ordered.  My friends went and got their exact measurements done and their dresses ordered from this website do not event fit.  The material is not luxury and the color is OFF - ENTIRELY.  My dress color, cut, size and shape was completely wrong.  In addition, part of the material was ripped and a wire was cutting into my collar bone.  None of the dresses we ordered matched.  I have tried to return the dress to the company and they do not even provide an address where which to mail the dress in return.  I would not trust this company to work with.  Best to get dresses somewhere else.  Heck, David's bridal would have been better than the dress I received. I agree with the previous post that this comany is highly unprofessional, does not produce what they advertise, and is not to be trusted. Very Unhappy Bridesmaid
    Posted by Australia13[/QUOTE]I don't know what happened in your case, but I am very pleased with the services of yemybride.com. They are really wonderful. It was my wedding and I too orederd a bridesmaid dress. I recieved my order witin 10 days.
  • Worse business place ever.  My wedding was cancelled and I immediately requested to cancel the order 3 days after placing the order. They gave me the run around, first the dress had already been cut, suddenly it had been shipped, next they needed to locate it, then there was a 30% restocking fee, then there was a 50% charge on the shipping, and then there was a foreign transaction fee, next they need your pay pal account.  I don't have a pay pal account and have requested they credit the very credit card that they charged.  I have sent numerous emails and no refund and no response for a whole month now.  It's a fraud.  I would highly discourage anyone from ordering anything from them.   The beautiful pics are just bait to lure you in.  My wedding has been rescheduled and I ordered a beautiful dress from Alfred Angelo's.  The best service and I highly recommend them.  YES MY BRIDE is a fraud...
  • Thanks everyone for the input! I am so torn. I LOVE this dress. It's my dream dress. I've actually been in contact with someone from the site Anna Lach and she's been more than helpful. I asked her if we could remove some embroidering on the dress and make the neckline straight because it's rippled and she said yes. And I asked her if we could change the bodice to crystal beading instead of the lace like type it is now and she said yes. And she said that wouldn't change the price. Currently the price is 379. My wedding isn't until next May, and she told me it would take approximately a month for me to receive the dress so I wasn't going to order it until December or January because I plan on being skinnier haha!. And she said "May I kindly remind you that the price may go up by then, but just remember that price and we will give it to you for that." It all almost sounds too good to be true. My dream dress, tailored EXACTLY how I want it, for UNDER 500 dollars. I just don't know what to do. If I DO order it from there, I'm pretty much taking a chance at losing 400 dollars. Also, does anyone know where the company is based at? I thought I read China somewhere, and the name Anna Lach and her use of grammar kind of backed the China theory up, but I also just today read something about Paris? Either way, I'm still pretty sure it's in a different country, so there's another risk.
  • DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!  They promised our bridesmaid dresses in time for the wedding, and they did not arrive until five days AFTER the wedding was over.  They have no phone number that you can call, they lie about dates of postage, and the dresses weren't even what we ordered.  Fortunately, we paid through PayPal, and they are making sure that we receive a refund.  This company wont even answer emails, and they are sending to China to have the dresses made out of inferior fabric with inferior workmanship.  You patronize this company at your own risk, and you will be very disappointed by their products and service.
  • This is an out and out lie.  They do not stand behind their products, nor do they refund your money when your product arrives late for the wedding.  Awful website, should be shut down.
  • This is great information. I had also seen this website and was thinking about using them but after reading all of this i will stay well clear. It's funny how all of the positve reviews have quite bad grammar! Coincidence?
  • nadojessnadojess member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Thank goodness I decided to research this website before purchasing my wedding dress. I too was taken in by the fact that they will customize a dress your way for under $1000. I was skeptical at first but decided to start the process (not paying yet) to see what would happen. I got a quick response to my email about having problems with their customize-your-gown page. They told me to email them at yesmybride@gmail.com and send all my pictures and description that way. I did. It took them 5 days to get back to me and only after I sent another email asking if they even received my first email. Their grammar is poor. Red flag.  They quoted me a price and asked if i  was ready to purchase ...without even showing me a picture of what the dress would look like. I gave them 7 pictures of dresses  explaining what i liked about each of them. How am I supposed to give you money for a product, sight unseen? I replied 2 days ago and have yet to see an email response. Should have trusted my gut when I was told they could make my dream dress for $420 and get it in 8 weeks. They say they have two designers and they show their pictures on the website but they people responding to me via email about the dress did not identify themselves as any kind of designer, just "YesMyBride team" PLUS there are other VERY SIMILAR websites out there that look exactly like yesmybride.com. Coincidence? Probably not. They are scamming over multiple websites promising brides-to-be an amazing deal. Oh well, at least all that happened was I got my hopes up and I am grateful I didn't fork over the cash.
  • So funny YESMYBRIDE has no designers, I looked up the pictures of their designers, like their dresses they just robbed them from the web LOL. Better go with websites like www.dazzlebride.com. When you ask them questions they are honest in their answers.
  • Half of this thread is very vendor-ish, and other parts are realistic reviews. @butterbup1958: what do you think?
  • Chinese knock off site.  Do not even think about ordering a dress from a picture on a Chinese web site.  You will get junk.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • The website seems to have been shut down
  • 2 reviews and a bunch of questions does not equal some good reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards