Nevada-Las Vegas

link for tipping etiquitte

I know at one point I found a link in someones siggy to a "vegas tipping etiquette" page....anyone have that?  TIA

Re: link for tipping etiquitte

• 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Are you freaking out yet?  Cause I am!!
  • wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_tipping-etiquitte?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:79e26ca3-0e86-40a7-8fb7-60cbe9bfc6b5Post:03773480-67bc-4e71-977a-e7140c5c0546">Re: link for tipping etiquitte</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! Are you freaking out yet?  Cause I am!!
    Posted by 11Vegas7[/QUOTE]
    OMG I so am!!!! LOL  I had a nightmare last night that I forgot all my jewelry that goes with my dress. I've been up since 4:30, and yesterday it was the same. It seems like it's going soooo fast and there is so much left to do!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know!!!  I have all the "major" stuff done...but a bunch of little stuff to do and then I keep thinking, "what am I forgetting?!?!" 
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this! I've been wondering about this whole tip thing. But the thing is, I've gotten a package that pretty much inlcudes everything with gratuity already inlcuded. Do I still need to hand out tips to everybody?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good question, kara?  Who specifically are you wondering about?  I think it depends on who you are talking about, what gratiuity is included, if the person went "above and beyond" your expectations, blah blah blah!
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_tipping-etiquitte?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:79e26ca3-0e86-40a7-8fb7-60cbe9bfc6b5Post:e4751ea0-8efc-424e-aaad-a05524419345">Re: link for tipping etiquitte</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good question, kara?  Who specifically are you wondering about?  I think it depends on who you are talking about, what gratiuity is included, if the person went "above and beyond" your expectations, blah blah blah!

Exactly! I don't even know! haha. My package includes the officiant(some people still tip them), the photographers, the DJ, coordinator, the bar, and the food of course. I know all these people normally get tipped but I don't know if I have to do it for all of them since my contract states gratuity is already included. But I do know that if they do an exceptional job, especially for the bartender and DJ I think, then of  course I'll give them a tip. I am so clueless! haha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  You really did a whole package!!  Maybe you could find out exactly how your gratuity in the contract is split up?  I have read that you still tip the officiant--even when included--photography is a big ???? for me too.  I have the photographer for the ceremony (Cashman) in my package and then I also have Joey Allen for 8 hours....and then there is my violinist (included in package) but I don't think gratuity is included for that---but then all I find is to tip them a percentage...but I don't know how much they are getting paid so I can't do that...AAAHHH!!
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_tipping-etiquitte?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:79e26ca3-0e86-40a7-8fb7-60cbe9bfc6b5Post:833281cf-8e1a-46c7-ba58-8e8e575c45e9">Re: link for tipping etiquitte</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!  You really did a whole package!!  Maybe you could find out exactly how your gratuity in the contract is split up?  I have read that you still tip the officiant--even when included--photography is a big ???? for me too.  I have the photographer for the ceremony (Cashman) in my package and then I also have Joey Allen for 8 hours....and then there is my violinist (included in package) but I don't think gratuity is included for that---but then all I find is to tip them a percentage...but I don't know how much they are getting paid so I can't do that...AAAHHH!!

sorry, late reply! got busy with work this morning! lol.. anyhoo yes i did the whole package.. that way the planning would be a bit easier on me.. and theyre all great vendors. my venue has gotten so much good reviews.. and we love pictures, especially me.. we actually get 2 photogs for the entire day. I have read in a couple of articles that when the owner of the company are the ones doing the job too, like the photographers and DJ, then there isn't really a need to tip them, as for if it was just their employees. I think that's a great question to ask my venue though! I'll keep that in mind! Thanks! And maybe you should ask too how much they're getting paid! This tipping thing is so complicated to figure out!!! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards