Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday chat

2»

Re: Tuesday chat

• Options
    So far, today is going a little better. I'm more rested today, so I guess that's helping my overall mood. But then got news that a coworker's father passed. I feel so terrible for him. He's an older gentleman, but I bet that it doesn't make it any easier. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @phira OMG thank you!!! She has the look,that's about it.  I think it is the way it is written, all of the Frozen characters are like they Disney characters.  That is what I think my problem is this season, the show started out different then Disney and now it is very in your face Disney. 
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    GODDAMNIT today needs to get better.

I had the first person today ask me if I was hurrying to get married so I would be married when the baby came.

NO, I am not pregnant. But way to make me feel worse about my body. Way to drive home that guilt over apps and taps.

Um ... I don't look pregnant in the engagement pics, right?

ETF: Words are hard. Goddamnit today sucks. Too many papers, too much stress, trying not to cry at my desk over the comment, and I have a meeting in 15. I will proofread better next time.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 She DOES totally look the part, but yeah. I don't mind Elsa, and I like Kristoff just fine, it's just ... eh. I'm kind of not really in the mood for every single flashback to be a Frozen flashback. You know? Need me some more Hook flashbacks, or some Emma flashbacks, or hell, let's have some BELLE flashbacks (remember the time she was a character on the show?).

@Keptinstitches you do not look preg in the engagement pictures. Not even a little bit AND even if you did, it's fucking rude to assume someone's pregnant unless they tell you.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian Yea I'm a bit disappointed by it and there is something about the author that is really grating on me.  I can't seem to put my finger on it though. I kind of feel like she got paid to write this and it was turned into a movie.  I feel like this is just somebody's blog I happened to stumble upon online.... 

Anniversary

• Options
    @ellis1228 - I've tried calling his office and leaving voicemails with no luck.  I'm hoping that when I talk to our department chair that she can give me a home/cell number.  It's just doubly frustrating, because he's always been great at answering emails, even during the summer.  There was a lot of BSC drama that went on in our department the last 2 years, and I'm wondering if maybe he's just like "Eff this, I'm done with that place."  (I am...hence the trying to graduate!)

@peaseblossom55 - Yes, that's exactly how I feel about it...like it's somebody's blog that you ran into online.  I hope you end up liking it anyway!
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches - Your coworker is redonk. You don't look preggers at all. I can't believe someone would say that. Even if you were pregnant - what kind of person asks if that's why you're rushing your wedding?!? IMHO your coworker and I would not be friends.
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you throat punched the asshole, right????
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @beanbot2002, no I didn't. I decided throat-punching a 60-something woman wouldn't look good in court.

She probably thought she was being funny. No need of course to say that she wasn't.
  • Options

@KeptInStitches - How long until you are getting married? How long have you been engaged? You don't have one of those counters so I have no idea! haha

• Options
    @KeptInStitches um, WHAT?! Is she blind? You look fantastic in your e-pics. What a bully. :( 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @alpacina - I've been engaged since early April (April 5, 2014 - I had to get a calendar to know the exact date) and FI and I are getting married on April 25, 2014. I'm just too lazy to get a countdown.
  • Options

@KeptInStitches - That's so exciting! And that lady is a biiiiiiiiiiitch! Don't hit her in the throat. Punch her in a saggy boob. Might not leave a mark that way, and man, it hurts getting hit in the boob.

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - RUDE! Ugh, that is awful, what is wrong with people??? You do not look pregs at all in your e-pics, don't even think that for one more second. And even if you WERE pregnant how in the actual fuck is it any of her business? Sorry, I hate that shit.

I have a good friend at work who just HAPPENS to carry a couple extra pounds in her stomach area. Someone new started at our office, and on her second day asked my friend (in front of a couple temps) if she was pregnant! My friend says "Ummm no" and the new co-worker: "Oh, if you were I was going to say congratulations". No apology, no feeling awkward…just carried on as if she hadn't said anything rude. People are wack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lmcooper86, I'm like your friend - I carry any extra weight I have in my stomach area. Have since I was in high school. It makes me more sensitive than perhaps I should be - oh thanks, no I'm not pregnant, it's a beer-and-wings baby.
  • Options
    KeptInStitches I cannot believe she said that to you!! I also carry weight in my stomach and have bad posture so my stomach sticks out.  I'm very sensitive about it, especially when I see how I look in pictures.  You definitely do not look pregnant in any of your photos, even still... no one should ever ask a woman when she is due, unless she says "I'm pregnant" and your response is "congrats when are you due..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards