Budget Weddings Forum

Day of Coordinator - worth it or not??

I'm getting married next September and we're having about 120 guests. So far I haven't had a problem planning anything for my wedding. I have my church, venue, photographer and my dress already. Have a couple caterers in mind. Still searching for a DJ.. ect.. So far I haven't really been stressing about anything. I do start stressing out when I think of all the little details that need to be done the day of that I want to have nothing to do with. My maid of honor is amazing and thinks that she's responsible for these things but there is no way that she will be able to do it all either I believe since we will be together in the morning getting ready, ect.. I also don't want my mom worrying about it all because she doesn't handle stress well. My parents feel that we should find someone and agreed to pay for it even I just hate spending money on something that I feel I could delegate out to people myself. (All people have already agreed/volunteer to help me coordinate). Sooo just wondering if it's really worth it or not?? Thanks in advance ladies!!

Re: Day of Coordinator - worth it or not??

• I'm getting married next September and we're having about 120 guests. So far I haven't had a problem planning anything for my wedding. I have my church, venue, photographer and my dress already. Have a couple caterers in mind. Still searching for a DJ.. ect.. So far I haven't really been stressing about anything. I do start stressing out when I think of all the little details that need to be done the day of that I want to have nothing to do with. My maid of honor is amazing and thinks that she's responsible for these things but there is no way that she will be able to do it all either I believe since we will be together in the morning getting ready, ect.. I also don't want my mom worrying about it all because she doesn't handle stress well. My parents feel that we should find someone and agreed to pay for it even I just hate spending money on something that I feel I could delegate out to people myself. (All people have already agreed/volunteer to help me coordinate). Sooo just wondering if it's really worth it or not?? Thanks in advance ladies!!
    If your parents are offering to pay for it, I would take them up on that in a second. I planned my entire first wedding just fine by myself, but I could desperately have used a DOC. You are not going to have the time or energy to make sure everything happens when and how it should on your wedding day, and your attention is going to be pulled in every which direction. 

• Yes x1000000

imageimage

• WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I love DIY and am a bit of a control freak but I 100% intend to pay someone to "sweat the small stuff" for me the day of.  DOCs are awesome in that way.  I won't have time, my BP won't have time, and I don't want my parents or anyone else that I invite to have to worry about it.  If someone volunteers I'd rather say "Relax, enjoy, there's already someone taking care of it."
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • It's so worth it! I was hesitant too, but my DOC handled everything for me on the day of. It was money well spent. She set up all of the centerpieces. Coordinated all of the vendors. Made sure my ceremony ran smoothly. Ran the rehearsal. 

Seriously. It's worth hiring a professional. 
    Anniversary

• To answer your question .... yes!
    Your guests and BP will be dancing, drinking, wanting to have fun.  Let a DOC do all the little details and smooth out all the bumps of your day.  You will be left feeling refreshed without the stress of mishaps which can happen in the best planned weddings.
  • Yes yes yes yes yes
    It's worth every penny. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I talked to a ton of different companies/ladies and I ended up hiring an amazing woman! I'm so excited!! The more I spoke with her to more I realized how (Just like you ladies have said) that it will be worth every penny!! We actually went ahead and hired her for partial planning so she can help us select the rest of our vendors! I feel like the money we're spending on her she is going to save us way more than that!

Thanks ladies!! I'm so excited!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards