New York-New York City

Venue Budget no more than $120pp, 125 Guests. HeLP!

I would like venue recommendations for either all-inclusive catering halls (at $120pp) or raw spaces under $4000 and caterers under $10000 (inclusive of staff and tables/chairs/silverware/glassware). Less if I have to rent tables/chairs/silverware/glassware. Ballpark: I want to spend no more than $20K for venue/catering/decor. Open to any borough and NJ along the hudson.

So far everything I've quoted is above $150++/pp. Eek! Cannot afford this since there are still so many additional expenses.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Venue Budget no more than $120pp, 125 Guests. HeLP!

• ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Are you ok with going outside of NY? Highlawn Pavilion has some great views of the city and probably in your price range
  • Sterling on Long Island has an AI package which I think is $10k for 100 ppl, that includes DJ, florist, photographer, etc.  Terrace in the Park in Queens quoted $80pp ++  for an October date reception.
  • Thank you @ctr24 & @kttest. I am open to NJ however the problem is that 95% of my guests are from Queens/LI. So I'm preferring nyc but will seriously consider NJ if it's not a difficult commute. Something right off the highway for example. I will look into your recommendations for sure.

• Still looking for recommendations... :) Also would like caterer recommendations.Thanks everyone.
  • CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2014
    You could try Water's Edge in Queens on a Friday or Sunday, or Saturday morning/afternoon.

Here's a list of lower-priced venues in NYC boroughs:

• faeriedust101faeriedust101 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2014
    I'm paying $120 a person to get married on the Atlantica through Entertainment Cruises. The price is for a Saturday/Sunday lunch reception and includes an open bar, your food, and a 2 hour cruise through the NY Harbor. You can leave from Chelsea Piers or Weekhawken. The ceremony is an additional cost.
  • Chart House in Weehawken. Jericho Terrace, Sand Castle, Coral House in LI. Good luck!
  • Thank you CrazyCatLady3 CrazyCatLady3faeriedust101AlisonBlank! I've been swamped with everything. I checked into your recommendations and have been able to tour several of them. Unfortunately, they don't work for us for various reasons. A few were out of our budget and others had a high minimum or didn't have our date available. I get seasick so I can't risk doing the cruise. I want to cry. It's becoming so difficult to find a venue within our budget that we both like. We do have a couple 'maybes' but I wonder if that's okay enough or I should really get an 'I LOVE it' feeling. Did anyone else have such difficulty finding a venue?
  • I think everyone has to deal with trade offs in choosing a venue.  I think you should try to be flexible on the date because that will open a lot more options for you.  There are significant discounts for doing things off-season, and the minimums are a lot lower.  A winter wedding can be beautiful, for example.
  • Yes, you're right about tradeoffs. I've been pretty flexible with the day of the week but I am hoping to keep it in October. If I don't find something soon, I think I will have to consider a winter wedding. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Yeah, October is considered a peak wedding month these days so you will have to deal with higher rates unfortunately.
  • Did you find anything yet? I can send you some other recommendations for Brooklyn/Staten Island.
  • AlisonBlank, I expanded my search and think I'm settling in the Hudson Valley. I just couldn't anymore with the high NYC prices. :( 
  • I am not sure if Villa Barone is near where you are looking, but that is a gorgeous place. I went to a wedding a long time ago at Anthony's Pier Nine which was pretty, but it was over 10 years ago. Good luck to you! 
  • Are you looking for 2015 or 2014? I'm getting married in Brooklyn in October at Deity in Brooklyn and the rates are very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for your suggestions! I've decided on having it in the Hudson Valley. 
  • You should check out Dyker golf course. They can change up your menu and tweak the accommodations to fit your budget. Also if you do a Friday or Sunday wedding it would be cheaper
  • Swan Club in LI is roughly 80pp
    Jericho Terrace I believe is 105pp
  • You try looking at Fox Hollow? It's on Long Island. I went there earlier this year and I think I was quoted at $120/pp. Don't really remember. It's worth looking at though. The place is GORGEOUS. 
  • @LittlePeachBlossom‌ what did you end up choosing for your venue in the Hudson Valley? I'm also looking for something in your same budget so I'm curious. Thanks!
  • Pelham Bay Split Rock Golf Club could definitely do that price. They are open to negotiating.
  • I like the Riverview on Hastings-on-Hudson.  Also check out the site - many locations for that price in NY, NJ, the boroughs and CT.  Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards