Not Engaged Yet

Help me with smelly-good stuff

H has been on me about getting a birthday/Christmas list together because he wants to start shopping. One thing I need/want is new perfume, but I don't know what to get.  What are some of your favorite perfumes? I need HELP.
Anniversary

Re: Help me with smelly-good stuff

• I've been using the VS gorgeous, but almost out so I've been visiting Ulta and Sephora.

I really like these scents:
    Coach Signature
    Coach Poppy
    Calvin Klein Euphoria
    Ralph Lauren Big Pony #2 

I definitely suggest going to the perfume counter and finding the scents you like.  I found I like a lot of stuff in the bottle, but not on me.  So I'll just play in the store. 

• Fossil just came out with a fragrance for women, and I LOVE it.
  • I really love Vera Wang perfumes and Chanel. 
  • I love The Kate Walsh perfume "Boyfriend" a lot - it's kind of sweet/musky. Do NOT try the "Billionaire Boyfriend" one though, it's gross.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @speakeasy14 I went the perfume counter a few weeks ago and was completely overwhelmed. There are way too many perfumes out there. I'm trying to narrow down a selection to try. I have a few that I know I like already but I'd like to try something new. 
    Anniversary

• I loooove Coach Poppy! It's so good! Some staples that I go between are Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue, Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, and Daisy by Marc Jacobs (I also love most of the Daisy offshoots). Vera Wang Princess is really good too.

• My #1 favorite perfume of all time is Chanel Chance. I'm going through withdraw from it because I left it in @hummingbird125's car :(

• As a wedding gift on the morning of H got me perfume.  It was a perfume I wanted Cartier Baiser Vole.  I love it!

Anniversary

• Swazzle said:
    My #1 favorite perfume of all time is Chanel Chance. I'm going through withdraw from it because I left it in @hummingbird125's car :(
    Hahaha, I totally forgot your stuff was still in there. I'M GOING TO SMELL IT NEXT TIME I'M IN MY CAR, MUAHAHAHAHAAAA
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think Chanel Chance is my favorite and I also love Ralph Lauren perfumes.
  • My wedding day scent was Jessica Simpson's Signature.

I remember I liked Viva La Juicy - Juicy Couture when I was looking for a scent.

I tend to like more fruity scents and not so much floral scents.

Anniversary
  • Jean-Paul Gaultier "Classique," is my favorite!
  • I love perfume! I like Dot by Marc Jacobs, and La Retite Robe Noire by Guerlain. And, like PP, Poppy by Coach and Viva La Juicy
  • I also have Amber by Prada at home and Princess by Vera Wang.

Anniversary

• I've drifted away from perfume because of my office (supposed to be scent-free), but I used to really like Coach Poppy, and Lamb by Gwen Stefani. All of my perfumes are old now and probably smell awful, so I may start looking for a new one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Apparently I'm gonna have to smell Poppy by Coach because everyone seems to like it :)
    Anniversary

• My everyday is Ralph Lauren Romance, but I also love the Prada Candy line, especially the Candy Florale.  Also Daisy by Marc Jacobs.  I tend really heavily toward flowery scents.
  • Oh! I also liked Prada Candy! I got one of those Sephora sample thingies... where you get 15 or so samples and a voucher for a bottle of one of them. I liked a lot of scents, but ended up getting La Petite Robe Noire. I like fruity, and sweet, which all of the ones I mentioned are, but it also seemed a bit more... elegant? complex? than the others.
  • I second (third? fourth?) Poppy by Coach, Coach Signature, and Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I want to try the other Daisy ones too, maybe I'll use one for my wedding day scent. 
  • I recommend buying the deluxe fragrance sampler from Sephora. You get to try a bunch of scents and it comes with a voucher for a reg sized bottle. It's one of my favorite gifts to buy myself. Right now I rotate between Chloe and Daisy by Marc Jacobs. 
  • I'm way late to this party, but like @futuremrshistorian i'm a Ralph Lauren Romance girl. I love that it's so soft...I can wear it every day.

I've heard scents smell different on different people, so you'll just have to try some of these out and see. I'm interested in smelling Poppy now after everyone else's comments above!

• So my mom's favorite was Clinique Aromatic Elixir. It smells sooooooooooooooooo good!
    She had this other favorite it was Purple something or other...can't remember.
    I love love love Juliette Has A Gun. I got a sample of it in either my Ipsy or Birchbox a couple years ago, and fell in love. But it's a bit pricy. 
    Also love Victoria Secret Rapture.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• So I was shopping yesterday and sprayed Marc Jacobs Dot on my right wrist, and Coach Poppy on my left wrist.  Dot is now my new favorite. 
  • I've heard a lot of good things about Dot but haven't smelled it yet. Definitely going to look for it the next time at Sephora. :)

• I'm super super late to this thread, but I LOVE light blue by D&G it's the perfume i get the most compliments when I wear it. I would say my 'signature' scent is Pink by Victoria's Secret.  The perfume, not the body spray. 

Also, @dignity100 I LOVE that you had a wedding day scent, that's a fantastic idea. I associate so many memories to scents that I will definitely need to get a scent to bring me back to my wedding day when it's all over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards