DIY Wedding Forum

Wireless Christmas Lights

I need to find christmas lights to put inside of wine bottles - anyone know where I can find something like this? I found ones attached to corks on Etsy, but I don't really want to put a cork on the bottles. I know there are wiresless ones out there, but everything I have found so far has a pretty large battery pack that wont fit through the top of the bottle. Any ideas?!

Re: Wireless Christmas Lights

• Have you checked save on crafts?

Anniversary
  • I looked for wireless Christmas lights for a while too. I never found any that didn't have the big battery packs that I hated. There might be more options at higher end places but there weren't a ton of options.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • the battery packs are the problem! save on crafts didn't have anything, they suggested trying the fairy berries. Its worth a try but they aren't that cheap, trying to find some non expensive ones to test out
  • Perhaps try amazon. They have a variety of twinkle lights on there. It can take a bit of digging- but there might be some.

I've had no luck finding any without those battery packs, though.
  • Hardware store manager here - how small of a battery pack are you looking for? They typically are larger packs, a few high end LED versions use a smaller pack but those are still pretty big.
  • I need something that will fit inside of a wine bottle - ideally I'd love to find something without a battery pack but I don't think it exists!
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I hate Hobby Lobby, but they have mini twist on LED lights. 12 to a package. They're little, less than an inch long, and would fit easily in a wine bottle. I didn't care for the cold LED quality of light, but in a wine bottle you might not notice. Use a coupon, and it's not a bad price. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/clear-mini-led-lights-101675/
  • I hate Hobby Lobby, but they have mini twist on LED lights. 12 to a package. They're little, less than an inch long, and would fit easily in a wine bottle. I didn't care for the cold LED quality of light, but in a wine bottle you might not notice. Use a coupon, and it's not a bad price.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/clear-mini-led-lights-101675/

Maybe it's from my disdain of Hobby Lobby, but that light looks like a bullet vibrator. And I'm snickering like I'm a 12 year old boy over here.
  • I hate Hobby Lobby, but they have mini twist on LED lights. 12 to a package. They're little, less than an inch long, and would fit easily in a wine bottle. I didn't care for the cold LED quality of light, but in a wine bottle you might not notice. Use a coupon, and it's not a bad price. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/clear-mini-led-lights-101675/
    Maybe it's from my disdain of Hobby Lobby, but that light looks like a bullet vibrator. And I'm snickering like I'm a 12 year old boy over here.
    It really does, in the picture. I thought the same thing.  In real life, it's so tiny that it just looks like a little light bulb. 
    Agreed with disdain, as well. It pisses me off, because their art department (ink, pens, good paper) has twice the selection that anyplace else nearby has, but I can't stand the thought of giving them money. 

I finally struck a deal with my conscience: if, for any reason, I absolutely need something that I can't get elsewhere, I have to donate the same amount as purchase to Planned Parenthood. 
    So far, it's worked to keep me out of there, and I've only had to do it once. Not as satisfying as a complete boycott, but I didn't feel as crappy about myself.
  • I donate to PP's PAC side or NARAL. If Hobby Lobby wants to make their religious views impact government, I'm helping groups who are trying to protect my rights from the government. I don't want government small enough to fit in my uterus.
  • thanks!! for the link, it looks like it might work perfectly, and for the image - def needed a laugh this morning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards